Jul 25, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
I can’t really call it a quote of the day because it’s really a description of something far more significant and terrifying. Here’s Phil Rogers of the Chicago Tribune earlier this afternoon:
How comfortable is Jim Leyland at a ballpark? He just strolled ard the US Cellular grass in his underwear, no shirt.
That’s gonna stick with me for a while.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69