Jul 25, 2011, 3:45 PM EDT
It’s the same old story with Pena: lots of pop, low average. He could represent an upgrade for a handful of teams and probably won’t cost a ton give that he’s playing on a one-year deal. It’s a weird one-year deal too, in that part of the $10 million he’s making is deferred, which is something you don’t see too often on such a short contract.
My guess: he’s one of those trades that come with no warning on the day of the deadline while I’m trying to write three other posts, it slips through the cracks and then in two months someone says “Pena beat the Cubs with a homer” and I totally forgot that he was ever traded.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (134)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)