Jul 25, 2011, 3:45 PM EDT
It’s the same old story with Pena: lots of pop, low average. He could represent an upgrade for a handful of teams and probably won’t cost a ton give that he’s playing on a one-year deal. It’s a weird one-year deal too, in that part of the $10 million he’s making is deferred, which is something you don’t see too often on such a short contract.
My guess: he’s one of those trades that come with no warning on the day of the deadline while I’m trying to write three other posts, it slips through the cracks and then in two months someone says “Pena beat the Cubs with a homer” and I totally forgot that he was ever traded.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 MLB Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld