Jul 25, 2011, 3:45 PM EST
It’s the same old story with Pena: lots of pop, low average. He could represent an upgrade for a handful of teams and probably won’t cost a ton give that he’s playing on a one-year deal. It’s a weird one-year deal too, in that part of the $10 million he’s making is deferred, which is something you don’t see too often on such a short contract.
My guess: he’s one of those trades that come with no warning on the day of the deadline while I’m trying to write three other posts, it slips through the cracks and then in two months someone says “Pena beat the Cubs with a homer” and I totally forgot that he was ever traded.
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 20
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 40
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (131)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 MLB Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld