Jul 25, 2011, 4:40 PM EDT
Chipper Jones is back from the disabled list after sitting out three weeks following minor knee surgery.
Jones went 1-for-3 with two walks during a two-game rehab assignment at Single-A and returns to the Braves’ lineup as the No. 3 hitter against right-hander James McDonald and the Pirates tonight.
Jones made the All-Star team despite a modest first half, hitting .259 with a .768 OPS that ranks as the worst of his career and would be his first time under .800 in 17 full seasons.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 31
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 18
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)