Jul 25, 2011, 4:40 PM EDT
Chipper Jones is back from the disabled list after sitting out three weeks following minor knee surgery.
Jones went 1-for-3 with two walks during a two-game rehab assignment at Single-A and returns to the Braves’ lineup as the No. 3 hitter against right-hander James McDonald and the Pirates tonight.
Jones made the All-Star team despite a modest first half, hitting .259 with a .768 OPS that ranks as the worst of his career and would be his first time under .800 in 17 full seasons.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)