Jul 25, 2011, 4:40 PM EDT
Chipper Jones is back from the disabled list after sitting out three weeks following minor knee surgery.
Jones went 1-for-3 with two walks during a two-game rehab assignment at Single-A and returns to the Braves’ lineup as the No. 3 hitter against right-hander James McDonald and the Pirates tonight.
Jones made the All-Star team despite a modest first half, hitting .259 with a .768 OPS that ranks as the worst of his career and would be his first time under .800 in 17 full seasons.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20