Jul 25, 2011, 4:40 PM EDT
Chipper Jones is back from the disabled list after sitting out three weeks following minor knee surgery.
Jones went 1-for-3 with two walks during a two-game rehab assignment at Single-A and returns to the Braves’ lineup as the No. 3 hitter against right-hander James McDonald and the Pirates tonight.
Jones made the All-Star team despite a modest first half, hitting .259 with a .768 OPS that ranks as the worst of his career and would be his first time under .800 in 17 full seasons.
- Rangers “now clear-cut favorites” for Cole Hamels 20
- Not so fast! Dodgers-Marlins trade for Mat Latos “could be falling apart” 56
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 56
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 46
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 53
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)