Jul 25, 2011, 4:40 PM EDT
Chipper Jones is back from the disabled list after sitting out three weeks following minor knee surgery.
Jones went 1-for-3 with two walks during a two-game rehab assignment at Single-A and returns to the Braves’ lineup as the No. 3 hitter against right-hander James McDonald and the Pirates tonight.
Jones made the All-Star team despite a modest first half, hitting .259 with a .768 OPS that ranks as the worst of his career and would be his first time under .800 in 17 full seasons.
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 70
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)