Jul 25, 2011, 8:25 AM EST
My weekend was rather hit-and-miss. On the one hand, I saw a couple of movies I liked in “Captain America” and “Super 8.” On the other hand, I woke up Sunday morning to find that the combination of torrential rains and a power outage meant that my sump pump was out of commission when I needed it the most, leading to a flooded basement.
A blogger’s basement. Flooded. It’s almost like I’m homeless now.
But I suppose that between my wet/dry vacuum, my dehumidifier and my God-given resourcefulness, I’ll figure out how to deal. And besides, some people have bigger problems than me. Some of them are even mentioned in our top stories over the weekend:
- Like the two dudes charged in the Bryan Stow beating. I foresee bad things for them.
- Adrian Beltre strained a hammie.
- Desmond Jennings is finally in The Show.
- Nyjer Morgan: Pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-Pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-ooma-mow-mow, Papa-ooma-mow-mow …
- Nelson Cruz went friggin’ bananas.
- Luke Scott is done for the year.
- We got Beltran rumors coming out of our ears, yo. Totally out of our ears.
- Some B.J. Upton rumors too.
- And Ian Desmond.
- And Cobly Rasmus.
- A thousand wins for Terry Francona.
- Unlike some folks, Roy Oswalt wants to go to rehab. (too soon?)
- Free Wily!
Oh, and thanks to the flooded basement, there’s a decent chance that we won’t be doing HBT Daily for a day or two. On a related note: anyone who knows how to get water out of a circuit board for a digital video camera, please leave your email address in the comments. Thanks.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)