Jul 25, 2011, 8:25 AM EDT
My weekend was rather hit-and-miss. On the one hand, I saw a couple of movies I liked in “Captain America” and “Super 8.” On the other hand, I woke up Sunday morning to find that the combination of torrential rains and a power outage meant that my sump pump was out of commission when I needed it the most, leading to a flooded basement.
A blogger’s basement. Flooded. It’s almost like I’m homeless now.
But I suppose that between my wet/dry vacuum, my dehumidifier and my God-given resourcefulness, I’ll figure out how to deal. And besides, some people have bigger problems than me. Some of them are even mentioned in our top stories over the weekend:
- Like the two dudes charged in the Bryan Stow beating. I foresee bad things for them.
- Adrian Beltre strained a hammie.
- Desmond Jennings is finally in The Show.
- Nyjer Morgan: Pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-Pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-ooma-mow-mow, Papa-ooma-mow-mow …
- Nelson Cruz went friggin’ bananas.
- Luke Scott is done for the year.
- We got Beltran rumors coming out of our ears, yo. Totally out of our ears.
- Some B.J. Upton rumors too.
- And Ian Desmond.
- And Cobly Rasmus.
- A thousand wins for Terry Francona.
- Unlike some folks, Roy Oswalt wants to go to rehab. (too soon?)
- Free Wily!
Oh, and thanks to the flooded basement, there’s a decent chance that we won’t be doing HBT Daily for a day or two. On a related note: anyone who knows how to get water out of a circuit board for a digital video camera, please leave your email address in the comments. Thanks.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)