Jul 25, 2011, 8:25 AM EDT
My weekend was rather hit-and-miss. On the one hand, I saw a couple of movies I liked in “Captain America” and “Super 8.” On the other hand, I woke up Sunday morning to find that the combination of torrential rains and a power outage meant that my sump pump was out of commission when I needed it the most, leading to a flooded basement.
A blogger’s basement. Flooded. It’s almost like I’m homeless now.
But I suppose that between my wet/dry vacuum, my dehumidifier and my God-given resourcefulness, I’ll figure out how to deal. And besides, some people have bigger problems than me. Some of them are even mentioned in our top stories over the weekend:
- Like the two dudes charged in the Bryan Stow beating. I foresee bad things for them.
- Adrian Beltre strained a hammie.
- Desmond Jennings is finally in The Show.
- Nyjer Morgan: Pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-Pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-ooma-mow-mow, Papa-ooma-mow-mow …
- Nelson Cruz went friggin’ bananas.
- Luke Scott is done for the year.
- We got Beltran rumors coming out of our ears, yo. Totally out of our ears.
- Some B.J. Upton rumors too.
- And Ian Desmond.
- And Cobly Rasmus.
- A thousand wins for Terry Francona.
- Unlike some folks, Roy Oswalt wants to go to rehab. (too soon?)
- Free Wily!
Oh, and thanks to the flooded basement, there’s a decent chance that we won’t be doing HBT Daily for a day or two. On a related note: anyone who knows how to get water out of a circuit board for a digital video camera, please leave your email address in the comments. Thanks.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (87)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)