Jul 25, 2011, 8:25 AM EST
My weekend was rather hit-and-miss. On the one hand, I saw a couple of movies I liked in “Captain America” and “Super 8.” On the other hand, I woke up Sunday morning to find that the combination of torrential rains and a power outage meant that my sump pump was out of commission when I needed it the most, leading to a flooded basement.
A blogger’s basement. Flooded. It’s almost like I’m homeless now.
But I suppose that between my wet/dry vacuum, my dehumidifier and my God-given resourcefulness, I’ll figure out how to deal. And besides, some people have bigger problems than me. Some of them are even mentioned in our top stories over the weekend:
- Like the two dudes charged in the Bryan Stow beating. I foresee bad things for them.
- Adrian Beltre strained a hammie.
- Desmond Jennings is finally in The Show.
- Nyjer Morgan: Pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-Pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-ooma-mow-mow, Papa-ooma-mow-mow …
- Nelson Cruz went friggin’ bananas.
- Luke Scott is done for the year.
- We got Beltran rumors coming out of our ears, yo. Totally out of our ears.
- Some B.J. Upton rumors too.
- And Ian Desmond.
- And Cobly Rasmus.
- A thousand wins for Terry Francona.
- Unlike some folks, Roy Oswalt wants to go to rehab. (too soon?)
- Free Wily!
Oh, and thanks to the flooded basement, there’s a decent chance that we won’t be doing HBT Daily for a day or two. On a related note: anyone who knows how to get water out of a circuit board for a digital video camera, please leave your email address in the comments. Thanks.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 272
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (275)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)