Jul 25, 2011, 6:03 PM EDT
Hiroki Kuroda loves Los Angeles. What’s still to be decided is how much he loves being a Dodger.
A baseball official with the all-to-common “knowledge of the situation” told ESPNNewYork.com’s Andrew Marchand that Kuroda will consider waiving his no-trade clause if presented with a deal to the Yankees or the Red Sox.
MLB.com’s Peter Gammons, responding to Rotoworld’s tweet on the subject, tweeted back that “he hasn’t made (a) decision.”
Besides the Rockies’ Ubaldo Jimenez, who still seems like a major long shot to be dealt, Kuroda is the top starter available in trade talks. The 36-year-old right-hander is 6-12 this season, but his ERA stands at 3.19 and he has a 97/33 K/BB ratio in 127 innings.
Interesting is that Yankees catching prospect Austin Romine is out of Double-A Trenton’s lineup for the second straight night tonight. He’s believed to be healthy, so it could be a sign that he’s involved in some pending deal. He’s likely someone the Dodgers would be interested in.
Kuroda has also been mentioned as a possibility for the Tigers, Indians and Rangers.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 113
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 155
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 22
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 52
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 56
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (172)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (155)