Jul 25, 2011, 6:03 PM EDT
Hiroki Kuroda loves Los Angeles. What’s still to be decided is how much he loves being a Dodger.
A baseball official with the all-to-common “knowledge of the situation” told ESPNNewYork.com’s Andrew Marchand that Kuroda will consider waiving his no-trade clause if presented with a deal to the Yankees or the Red Sox.
MLB.com’s Peter Gammons, responding to Rotoworld’s tweet on the subject, tweeted back that “he hasn’t made (a) decision.”
Besides the Rockies’ Ubaldo Jimenez, who still seems like a major long shot to be dealt, Kuroda is the top starter available in trade talks. The 36-year-old right-hander is 6-12 this season, but his ERA stands at 3.19 and he has a 97/33 K/BB ratio in 127 innings.
Interesting is that Yankees catching prospect Austin Romine is out of Double-A Trenton’s lineup for the second straight night tonight. He’s believed to be healthy, so it could be a sign that he’s involved in some pending deal. He’s likely someone the Dodgers would be interested in.
Kuroda has also been mentioned as a possibility for the Tigers, Indians and Rangers.
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 7
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 22
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 12
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 38
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 43
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (187)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)