Jul 25, 2011, 6:03 PM EDT
Hiroki Kuroda loves Los Angeles. What’s still to be decided is how much he loves being a Dodger.
A baseball official with the all-to-common “knowledge of the situation” told ESPNNewYork.com’s Andrew Marchand that Kuroda will consider waiving his no-trade clause if presented with a deal to the Yankees or the Red Sox.
MLB.com’s Peter Gammons, responding to Rotoworld’s tweet on the subject, tweeted back that “he hasn’t made (a) decision.”
Besides the Rockies’ Ubaldo Jimenez, who still seems like a major long shot to be dealt, Kuroda is the top starter available in trade talks. The 36-year-old right-hander is 6-12 this season, but his ERA stands at 3.19 and he has a 97/33 K/BB ratio in 127 innings.
Interesting is that Yankees catching prospect Austin Romine is out of Double-A Trenton’s lineup for the second straight night tonight. He’s believed to be healthy, so it could be a sign that he’s involved in some pending deal. He’s likely someone the Dodgers would be interested in.
Kuroda has also been mentioned as a possibility for the Tigers, Indians and Rangers.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 23
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow 92
- Yadier Molina to miss 8-12 weeks with a torn thumb ligament 31
- Carlos Beltran placed on concussion disabled list after batting practice mishap 16
- Derek Jeter is the most popular MLB jersey this year 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 52
- The Rockies “aren’t looking around very hard” for a trade of star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki 29
- Jury finds the Dodgers partially negligent, awards $18 million to Bryan Stow 48
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (188)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing (99)