Jul 25, 2011, 7:31 PM EDT
According to Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com, Luke Scott will undergo surgery tomorrow to repair the torn labrum in his right shoulder. He is looking a recovery period of several months, but is expected to be ready in time for spring training.
Scott went 0-for-3 in his return from the disabled list Friday night, but was immediately shut down after feeling more discomfort. He ruled himself out for the season over the weekend and ultimately opted for surgery after getting a second opinion from Dr. James Andrews. Apparently he wanted to see the long form test results.
Scott batted just .220/.301/.402 with nine homers and 22 RBI in 236 plate appearances this season. The 33-year-old is making $6.4 million in 2011 and is eligible for arbitration again this winter, so he’s a pretty solid bet to be non-tendered.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 114
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 64
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (119)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)