Jul 25, 2011, 7:31 PM EDT
According to Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com, Luke Scott will undergo surgery tomorrow to repair the torn labrum in his right shoulder. He is looking a recovery period of several months, but is expected to be ready in time for spring training.
Scott went 0-for-3 in his return from the disabled list Friday night, but was immediately shut down after feeling more discomfort. He ruled himself out for the season over the weekend and ultimately opted for surgery after getting a second opinion from Dr. James Andrews. Apparently he wanted to see the long form test results.
Scott batted just .220/.301/.402 with nine homers and 22 RBI in 236 plate appearances this season. The 33-year-old is making $6.4 million in 2011 and is eligible for arbitration again this winter, so he’s a pretty solid bet to be non-tendered.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 75
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 77
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 102
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (104)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)
- Jonathan Papelbon blows save, gets ejected for making rude gesture at booing crowd (77)