Jul 25, 2011, 5:44 PM EDT
Angel Pagan initially deemed himself fine after leaving yesterday’s game in the fifth inning with dizziness, blaming things on dehydration, but he’s out of the lineup tonight and the Mets have sent him to undergo bloodwork to determine the cause.
Pagan described how he was feeling to Christina De Nicola of MLB.com:
I was in the outfield, and I felt like I wanted to sit down in the outfield, because I just felt like my body was getting very heavy. I just had to tell the trainer about it, because I wasn’t feeling that well.
Terry Collins revealed to Adam Rubin of ESPN New York that Pagan “has been getting fatigued mid-game for a week,” which is definitely worrisome beyond simple dehydration. For now Jason Pridie is starting in center field against right-hander Mike Leake and the Reds.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)