Jul 25, 2011, 5:44 PM EDT
Angel Pagan initially deemed himself fine after leaving yesterday’s game in the fifth inning with dizziness, blaming things on dehydration, but he’s out of the lineup tonight and the Mets have sent him to undergo bloodwork to determine the cause.
Pagan described how he was feeling to Christina De Nicola of MLB.com:
I was in the outfield, and I felt like I wanted to sit down in the outfield, because I just felt like my body was getting very heavy. I just had to tell the trainer about it, because I wasn’t feeling that well.
Terry Collins revealed to Adam Rubin of ESPN New York that Pagan “has been getting fatigued mid-game for a week,” which is definitely worrisome beyond simple dehydration. For now Jason Pridie is starting in center field against right-hander Mike Leake and the Reds.
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 23
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 205
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (205)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)