Jul 25, 2011, 5:44 PM EDT
Angel Pagan initially deemed himself fine after leaving yesterday’s game in the fifth inning with dizziness, blaming things on dehydration, but he’s out of the lineup tonight and the Mets have sent him to undergo bloodwork to determine the cause.
Pagan described how he was feeling to Christina De Nicola of MLB.com:
I was in the outfield, and I felt like I wanted to sit down in the outfield, because I just felt like my body was getting very heavy. I just had to tell the trainer about it, because I wasn’t feeling that well.
Terry Collins revealed to Adam Rubin of ESPN New York that Pagan “has been getting fatigued mid-game for a week,” which is definitely worrisome beyond simple dehydration. For now Jason Pridie is starting in center field against right-hander Mike Leake and the Reds.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 32
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 58
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 48
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 49
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)