Jul 25, 2011, 5:44 PM EDT
Angel Pagan initially deemed himself fine after leaving yesterday’s game in the fifth inning with dizziness, blaming things on dehydration, but he’s out of the lineup tonight and the Mets have sent him to undergo bloodwork to determine the cause.
Pagan described how he was feeling to Christina De Nicola of MLB.com:
I was in the outfield, and I felt like I wanted to sit down in the outfield, because I just felt like my body was getting very heavy. I just had to tell the trainer about it, because I wasn’t feeling that well.
Terry Collins revealed to Adam Rubin of ESPN New York that Pagan “has been getting fatigued mid-game for a week,” which is definitely worrisome beyond simple dehydration. For now Jason Pridie is starting in center field against right-hander Mike Leake and the Reds.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 10
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 46
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 25
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)