Jul 25, 2011, 4:16 PM EDT
If you’re looking for evidence of just how thin the starting pitcher trade market it is at the deadline, look no further than Ken Rosenthal’s report that the Reds are fielding calls about Edinson Volquez.
This is the same Edinson Volquez who has been sent down to Louisville twice this season because he can’t, you know, seem to get guys out. He has a 5.93 ERA in the bigs, striking out batters at a fairly healthy clip, but walking way too many and being hit-tastic.
I file this under the same category that filed Colby Rasmus when I mentioned the possibility of him being traded in today’s Power Rankings: interesting talent, but at his nadir, and thus the Reds wouldn’t be able to get much value in return for him.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 8
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36