Jul 26, 2011, 1:30 PM EDT
I guess we’ll soon see just how badly Colby Rasmus and his old man have angered the Cardinals. Let’s put two tweets together, shall we?
First, Danny Knobler of CBS Sports.com: “Cards now appear to be shopping Rasmus widely.”
Then Jon Paul Morosi of Fox: “Mariners among the teams that have inquired on Rasmus, source says.”
Really, there is nothing more akin to being shipped off to Siberia in today’s Major League Baseball than being traded to the Mariners. If the Cards were to do that, and were to do it at a time when Rasmus has less value than he’s ever had, that would probably tell you everything you need to know about how that organization feels about him.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)