Jul 26, 2011, 1:30 PM EDT
I guess we’ll soon see just how badly Colby Rasmus and his old man have angered the Cardinals. Let’s put two tweets together, shall we?
First, Danny Knobler of CBS Sports.com: “Cards now appear to be shopping Rasmus widely.”
Then Jon Paul Morosi of Fox: “Mariners among the teams that have inquired on Rasmus, source says.”
Really, there is nothing more akin to being shipped off to Siberia in today’s Major League Baseball than being traded to the Mariners. If the Cards were to do that, and were to do it at a time when Rasmus has less value than he’s ever had, that would probably tell you everything you need to know about how that organization feels about him.
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 3
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 45
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 87
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)