Jul 26, 2011, 1:30 PM EST
I guess we’ll soon see just how badly Colby Rasmus and his old man have angered the Cardinals. Let’s put two tweets together, shall we?
First, Danny Knobler of CBS Sports.com: ”Cards now appear to be shopping Rasmus widely.”
Then Jon Paul Morosi of Fox: “Mariners among the teams that have inquired on Rasmus, source says.”
Really, there is nothing more akin to being shipped off to Siberia in today’s Major League Baseball than being traded to the Mariners. If the Cards were to do that, and were to do it at a time when Rasmus has less value than he’s ever had, that would probably tell you everything you need to know about how that organization feels about him.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 20
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 70
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 120
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (120)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (102)