Jul 26, 2011, 9:34 PM EDT
UPDATE: According to Mike Wilner of “The Fan 590″ in Toronto, the Jays announced that Bautista was taken out of the game for precautionary reasons and is listed as day-to-day.
8:36 PM: Scary moment in tonight’s Orioles-Blue Jays game.
The pitch reportedly hit Bautista square in the left ear flap. He was forced to leave the ballgame, but the good news is that he was able to walk off the field under his own power.
Bautista is batting .329/.466/.680 with a 1.146 OPS this season. He currently leads the majors with 31 home runs, though he hasn’t gone deep since July 9.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 38
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (102)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)