Jul 26, 2011, 9:34 PM EST
UPDATE: According to Mike Wilner of “The Fan 590″ in Toronto, the Jays announced that Bautista was taken out of the game for precautionary reasons and is listed as day-to-day.
8:36 PM: Scary moment in tonight’s Orioles-Blue Jays game.
The pitch reportedly hit Bautista square in the left ear flap. He was forced to leave the ballgame, but the good news is that he was able to walk off the field under his own power.
Bautista is batting .329/.466/.680 with a 1.146 OPS this season. He currently leads the majors with 31 home runs, though he hasn’t gone deep since July 9.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 61
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)