Jul 26, 2011, 9:34 PM EDT
UPDATE: According to Mike Wilner of “The Fan 590″ in Toronto, the Jays announced that Bautista was taken out of the game for precautionary reasons and is listed as day-to-day.
8:36 PM: Scary moment in tonight’s Orioles-Blue Jays game.
The pitch reportedly hit Bautista square in the left ear flap. He was forced to leave the ballgame, but the good news is that he was able to walk off the field under his own power.
Bautista is batting .329/.466/.680 with a 1.146 OPS this season. He currently leads the majors with 31 home runs, though he hasn’t gone deep since July 9.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 42
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)