Jul 26, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
As this post goes to press, Matt Holliday is not in the lineup for tonight’s Cardinals-Astros game. That could change if he begins feeling better, but right now, nope. Jon Jay will get the start if Holliday can’t answer the bell.
Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch tweeted a few minutes ago that he’s hearing Holliday has a case of food poisoning.
Here’s exclusive video of Holliday’s last meal before he fell ill.
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow 53
- Yadier Molina to miss 8-12 weeks with a torn thumb ligament 29
- Carlos Beltran placed on concussion disabled list after batting practice mishap 16
- Derek Jeter is the most popular MLB jersey this year 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 52
- The Rockies “aren’t looking around very hard” for a trade of star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki 29
- Jury finds the Dodgers partially negligent, awards $18 million to Bryan Stow 48
- Masahiro Tanaka injured: Yankees ace to undergo an MRI exam on his right arm 60
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (187)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (101)
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing (99)