Jul 26, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
As this post goes to press, Matt Holliday is not in the lineup for tonight’s Cardinals-Astros game. That could change if he begins feeling better, but right now, nope. Jon Jay will get the start if Holliday can’t answer the bell.
Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch tweeted a few minutes ago that he’s hearing Holliday has a case of food poisoning.
Here’s exclusive video of Holliday’s last meal before he fell ill.
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 16
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 38
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 35
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)