Jul 26, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
As this post goes to press, Matt Holliday is not in the lineup for tonight’s Cardinals-Astros game. That could change if he begins feeling better, but right now, nope. Jon Jay will get the start if Holliday can’t answer the bell.
Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch tweeted a few minutes ago that he’s hearing Holliday has a case of food poisoning.
Here’s exclusive video of Holliday’s last meal before he fell ill.
- Nationals place Stephen Strasburg on the 15-day disabled list with neck tightness 2
- Jerry Dior, designer of MLB’s iconic logo, has passed away 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 112
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 16
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 77
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (113)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (84)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (77)