Jul 26, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
What a drag it is getting old.
On his first day coming back from knee surgery, Chipper Jones hit a home run. That’s good!
But then he also strained his quadriceps while fielding a ball at third base. That’s bad!
But given that he actually hurt it before the home run and stayed in the game for a while, there’s a sense that, even if he misses a game or two, it’s not that serious. That’s good!
But the sunflower seeds he likes to chew on in the dugout contain potassium benzoate.
Oh well, that’s life with Chipper Jones.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 29
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)