Jul 26, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
What a drag it is getting old.
On his first day coming back from knee surgery, Chipper Jones hit a home run. That’s good!
But then he also strained his quadriceps while fielding a ball at third base. That’s bad!
But given that he actually hurt it before the home run and stayed in the game for a while, there’s a sense that, even if he misses a game or two, it’s not that serious. That’s good!
But the sunflower seeds he likes to chew on in the dugout contain potassium benzoate.
Oh well, that’s life with Chipper Jones.
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 9
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 1
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 11
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 141
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)