Jul 26, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
What a drag it is getting old.
On his first day coming back from knee surgery, Chipper Jones hit a home run. That’s good!
But then he also strained his quadriceps while fielding a ball at third base. That’s bad!
But given that he actually hurt it before the home run and stayed in the game for a while, there’s a sense that, even if he misses a game or two, it’s not that serious. That’s good!
But the sunflower seeds he likes to chew on in the dugout contain potassium benzoate.
Oh well, that’s life with Chipper Jones.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 56
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (85)