Jul 26, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
What a drag it is getting old.
On his first day coming back from knee surgery, Chipper Jones hit a home run. That’s good!
But then he also strained his quadriceps while fielding a ball at third base. That’s bad!
But given that he actually hurt it before the home run and stayed in the game for a while, there’s a sense that, even if he misses a game or two, it’s not that serious. That’s good!
But the sunflower seeds he likes to chew on in the dugout contain potassium benzoate.
Oh well, that’s life with Chipper Jones.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 38
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (101)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)