Jul 26, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
What a drag it is getting old.
On his first day coming back from knee surgery, Chipper Jones hit a home run. That’s good!
But then he also strained his quadriceps while fielding a ball at third base. That’s bad!
But given that he actually hurt it before the home run and stayed in the game for a while, there’s a sense that, even if he misses a game or two, it’s not that serious. That’s good!
But the sunflower seeds he likes to chew on in the dugout contain potassium benzoate.
Oh well, that’s life with Chipper Jones.
- Who really owns a home run ball? 56
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 125
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 127
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to have season-ending shoulder surgery 8
- Remembering David Letterman’s best sports moments 11
- Ryan Zimmerman is Mr. Walk-Off (and the numbers to prove it) 11
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (125)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)