Jul 26, 2011, 5:03 PM EDT
I have long questioned the utility of bench coaches. I mean, I don’t want them to go anywhere because who else is the manager gonna have a beer with after the game, but I’ve never had anyone convince me that they have much of an impact on the game itself. I guess it depends on the bench coach and what he’s asked to do.
But maybe we can get a data point tonight because Major League Baseball has just suspended Giants bench coach Ron Wotus “for his inappropriate actions, which included coming on to the field following his fourth inning ejection from his Club’s Saturday, July 23rd game against the Milwaukee Brewers at AT&T Park.”
Dear God. How will the Giants win without their bench coach?
In other news, I’m willing to bet that this is the last time we ever use a pic of Ron Wotus on HardballTalk.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 74
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 17
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (76)