Jul 26, 2011, 9:40 AM EST
Why not. Look, at this point we’re clearly in the “no one knows anything so we’re all just waiting for something to happen” stage of the proceedings anyway. Which is kind of a bummer, because it doesn’t lend itself to the kind of wacko stuff that you see during free agent season in the winter. Remember last December when guys were passing along rumors about private planes taking off and landing between Arkansas and Dallas and stuff? Man, those were good times.
I’m not sure why the Rangers really feel they need Beltran given that their offense is healthy and it appears like they’re taking control of the division, but I suppose you can never have too many runs.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 72
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 34
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)