Jul 26, 2011, 9:40 AM EDT
Why not. Look, at this point we’re clearly in the “no one knows anything so we’re all just waiting for something to happen” stage of the proceedings anyway. Which is kind of a bummer, because it doesn’t lend itself to the kind of wacko stuff that you see during free agent season in the winter. Remember last December when guys were passing along rumors about private planes taking off and landing between Arkansas and Dallas and stuff? Man, those were good times.
I’m not sure why the Rangers really feel they need Beltran given that their offense is healthy and it appears like they’re taking control of the division, but I suppose you can never have too many runs.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (135)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)