Jul 26, 2011, 9:40 AM EST
Why not. Look, at this point we’re clearly in the “no one knows anything so we’re all just waiting for something to happen” stage of the proceedings anyway. Which is kind of a bummer, because it doesn’t lend itself to the kind of wacko stuff that you see during free agent season in the winter. Remember last December when guys were passing along rumors about private planes taking off and landing between Arkansas and Dallas and stuff? Man, those were good times.
I’m not sure why the Rangers really feel they need Beltran given that their offense is healthy and it appears like they’re taking control of the division, but I suppose you can never have too many runs.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 56
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 23
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 3
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 360
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (360)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)