Jul 26, 2011, 9:40 AM EST
Why not. Look, at this point we’re clearly in the “no one knows anything so we’re all just waiting for something to happen” stage of the proceedings anyway. Which is kind of a bummer, because it doesn’t lend itself to the kind of wacko stuff that you see during free agent season in the winter. Remember last December when guys were passing along rumors about private planes taking off and landing between Arkansas and Dallas and stuff? Man, those were good times.
I’m not sure why the Rangers really feel they need Beltran given that their offense is healthy and it appears like they’re taking control of the division, but I suppose you can never have too many runs.
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 0
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 21
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 54
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 36
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)