Jul 26, 2011, 9:40 AM EST
Why not. Look, at this point we’re clearly in the “no one knows anything so we’re all just waiting for something to happen” stage of the proceedings anyway. Which is kind of a bummer, because it doesn’t lend itself to the kind of wacko stuff that you see during free agent season in the winter. Remember last December when guys were passing along rumors about private planes taking off and landing between Arkansas and Dallas and stuff? Man, those were good times.
I’m not sure why the Rangers really feel they need Beltran given that their offense is healthy and it appears like they’re taking control of the division, but I suppose you can never have too many runs.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (83)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)