Jul 27, 2011, 12:03 PM EDT
UPDATE: Sure enough, Jackson appears headed to St. Louis for Rasmus.
The deal sending Edwin Jackson and Mark Teahen to the Blue Jays for Jason Frasor and pitching prospect Zach Stewart is official, with Jackson learning of his fate after entering the White Sox clubhouse moments ago.
However, according to Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com and various other sources the trade may actually be expanding to include the Cardinals, with Jackson heading to St. Louis and Colby Rasmus ending up in Toronto.
Rasmus leaving the Cardinals is expected at this point, but Blue Jays general manager Alex Anthopoulos somehow getting a 24-year-old center fielder with huge upside in a deal that essentially has him parting with a good but not great 33-year-old reliever (Frasor) and a mid-level prospect (Stewart) would be an amazing move.
So good, in fact, that it’s tough to imagine Anthopoulos being able to pull it off without sending another prospect or something else of decent value to St. Louis. For now Jackson is Blue Jays property, but it sure looks like he’s not long for Toronto.
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness