Jul 27, 2011, 3:10 PM EDT
Berkman injured the shoulder on a swing Sunday and had to leave the game last night due to more trouble with it. The Cardinals and Berkman still think it’s nothing serious and are looking at anti-inflammatory injections and rest, but clearly having his bat out of the lineup will be a problem if it’s for more than a couple of days.
The odds-on-favorite for Comeback Player of the Year is currently hitting .286/.398/.595 with 27 homers.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 4
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 30
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 5
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 12
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 101
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)