Jul 27, 2011, 3:10 PM EDT
Berkman injured the shoulder on a swing Sunday and had to leave the game last night due to more trouble with it. The Cardinals and Berkman still think it’s nothing serious and are looking at anti-inflammatory injections and rest, but clearly having his bat out of the lineup will be a problem if it’s for more than a couple of days.
The odds-on-favorite for Comeback Player of the Year is currently hitting .286/.398/.595 with 27 homers.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 35
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 21
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 22
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 41
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)