Jul 27, 2011, 3:10 PM EST
Berkman injured the shoulder on a swing Sunday and had to leave the game last night due to more trouble with it. The Cardinals and Berkman still think it’s nothing serious and are looking at anti-inflammatory injections and rest, but clearly having his bat out of the lineup will be a problem if it’s for more than a couple of days.
The odds-on-favorite for Comeback Player of the Year is currently hitting .286/.398/.595 with 27 homers.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)