Jul 27, 2011, 3:10 PM EDT
Berkman injured the shoulder on a swing Sunday and had to leave the game last night due to more trouble with it. The Cardinals and Berkman still think it’s nothing serious and are looking at anti-inflammatory injections and rest, but clearly having his bat out of the lineup will be a problem if it’s for more than a couple of days.
The odds-on-favorite for Comeback Player of the Year is currently hitting .286/.398/.595 with 27 homers.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 10
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 47
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)