Jul 27, 2011, 9:32 PM EDT
Oswalt threw 72 pitches, 41 of which were strikes. He walked two batters but struck out four.
The veteran right-hander is expected to make just one more rehab appearance before rejoining the Phillies’ starting rotation sometime in early August. He was placed on the disabled list June 24 with tightness in his troublesome lower back.
Oswalt, 33, had a 3.79 ERA, 1.33 WHIP and 42/18 K/BB ratio this season through 71 1/3 innings (13 starts).
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 20
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 15
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 34
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 109
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (109)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)