Jul 27, 2011, 9:32 PM EDT
Oswalt threw 72 pitches, 41 of which were strikes. He walked two batters but struck out four.
The veteran right-hander is expected to make just one more rehab appearance before rejoining the Phillies’ starting rotation sometime in early August. He was placed on the disabled list June 24 with tightness in his troublesome lower back.
Oswalt, 33, had a 3.79 ERA, 1.33 WHIP and 42/18 K/BB ratio this season through 71 1/3 innings (13 starts).
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 57
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 59
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 27
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 44
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 71
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (71)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)