Jul 27, 2011, 12:15 PM EDT
Everyone has their ideas — or some excuses — about Carlos Beltran. As we heard earlier, the Indians think that Scott Boras is controlling the process. We now learn that the Rangers think that Beltran has no intention of coming to the AL, and are thus downplaying their position in the sweepstakes.
Elsewhere, Ken Rosenthal reports that the Rangers are offering more players to the Mets for Beltran but that the Giants are offering better quality. Meanwhile, Joel Sherman adds to that Boras chatter, saying that people he’s talking to think that Boras wants Beltran in San Francisco because they would likely be more prepared to offer him a multi-year contract after the season is over.
Oh well. Just another day of not knowing what the heck is really happening with Carlos Beltran. We’ll know when we know.
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 32
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 46
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 26
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 50
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 15
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)