Jul 27, 2011, 12:15 PM EDT
Everyone has their ideas — or some excuses — about Carlos Beltran. As we heard earlier, the Indians think that Scott Boras is controlling the process. We now learn that the Rangers think that Beltran has no intention of coming to the AL, and are thus downplaying their position in the sweepstakes.
Elsewhere, Ken Rosenthal reports that the Rangers are offering more players to the Mets for Beltran but that the Giants are offering better quality. Meanwhile, Joel Sherman adds to that Boras chatter, saying that people he’s talking to think that Boras wants Beltran in San Francisco because they would likely be more prepared to offer him a multi-year contract after the season is over.
Oh well. Just another day of not knowing what the heck is really happening with Carlos Beltran. We’ll know when we know.
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 20
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 39
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)