Jul 27, 2011, 12:15 PM EDT
Everyone has their ideas — or some excuses — about Carlos Beltran. As we heard earlier, the Indians think that Scott Boras is controlling the process. We now learn that the Rangers think that Beltran has no intention of coming to the AL, and are thus downplaying their position in the sweepstakes.
Elsewhere, Ken Rosenthal reports that the Rangers are offering more players to the Mets for Beltran but that the Giants are offering better quality. Meanwhile, Joel Sherman adds to that Boras chatter, saying that people he’s talking to think that Boras wants Beltran in San Francisco because they would likely be more prepared to offer him a multi-year contract after the season is over.
Oh well. Just another day of not knowing what the heck is really happening with Carlos Beltran. We’ll know when we know.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)