Jul 27, 2011, 12:15 PM EST
Everyone has their ideas — or some excuses — about Carlos Beltran. As we heard earlier, the Indians think that Scott Boras is controlling the process. We now learn that the Rangers think that Beltran has no intention of coming to the AL, and are thus downplaying their position in the sweepstakes.
Elsewhere, Ken Rosenthal reports that the Rangers are offering more players to the Mets for Beltran but that the Giants are offering better quality. Meanwhile, Joel Sherman adds to that Boras chatter, saying that people he’s talking to think that Boras wants Beltran in San Francisco because they would likely be more prepared to offer him a multi-year contract after the season is over.
Oh well. Just another day of not knowing what the heck is really happening with Carlos Beltran. We’ll know when we know.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 18
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 103
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)