Jul 27, 2011, 12:15 PM EDT
Everyone has their ideas — or some excuses — about Carlos Beltran. As we heard earlier, the Indians think that Scott Boras is controlling the process. We now learn that the Rangers think that Beltran has no intention of coming to the AL, and are thus downplaying their position in the sweepstakes.
Elsewhere, Ken Rosenthal reports that the Rangers are offering more players to the Mets for Beltran but that the Giants are offering better quality. Meanwhile, Joel Sherman adds to that Boras chatter, saying that people he’s talking to think that Boras wants Beltran in San Francisco because they would likely be more prepared to offer him a multi-year contract after the season is over.
Oh well. Just another day of not knowing what the heck is really happening with Carlos Beltran. We’ll know when we know.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 34
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)