Jul 27, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
Why the Jays would want to go after a starter like Jackson is an open question given that they’re not in contention, but it’s possible that this is the first step in multiple trades involving Jackson. Of course, the whole reason Jackson is even on the White Sox right now is because it is widely believed that Kenny Williams was trying to do the same two-step with him last year in an effort to trade for Adam Dunn and that didn’t work out.
It’s also possible that there’s simply a rule none of knows about that requires that Edwin Jackson go to a new team every year whether it makes sense or not. He’s like a hobo or something. In other Sox news, Rosenthal says that John Danks and Gavin Floyd are available too, so it looks like the White Sox’ rotation is gonna see some changes soon.
UPDATE: Jon Heyman hears that if the Blue Jays acquire Edwin Jackson, they may attempt to flip him to the Cardinals for Colby Rasmus. If that went down, Alex Anthopoulos would have pulled off something pretty frickin’ spiffy.
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 5
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 98
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 54
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 8
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (112)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (79)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- PHT: Avs name Hall of Famer Roy as head coach
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful