Jul 27, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
Why the Jays would want to go after a starter like Jackson is an open question given that they’re not in contention, but it’s possible that this is the first step in multiple trades involving Jackson. Of course, the whole reason Jackson is even on the White Sox right now is because it is widely believed that Kenny Williams was trying to do the same two-step with him last year in an effort to trade for Adam Dunn and that didn’t work out.
It’s also possible that there’s simply a rule none of knows about that requires that Edwin Jackson go to a new team every year whether it makes sense or not. He’s like a hobo or something. In other Sox news, Rosenthal says that John Danks and Gavin Floyd are available too, so it looks like the White Sox’ rotation is gonna see some changes soon.
UPDATE: Jon Heyman hears that if the Blue Jays acquire Edwin Jackson, they may attempt to flip him to the Cardinals for Colby Rasmus. If that went down, Alex Anthopoulos would have pulled off something pretty frickin’ spiffy.
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 27
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 94
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 17
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)