Jul 27, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
Why the Jays would want to go after a starter like Jackson is an open question given that they’re not in contention, but it’s possible that this is the first step in multiple trades involving Jackson. Of course, the whole reason Jackson is even on the White Sox right now is because it is widely believed that Kenny Williams was trying to do the same two-step with him last year in an effort to trade for Adam Dunn and that didn’t work out.
It’s also possible that there’s simply a rule none of knows about that requires that Edwin Jackson go to a new team every year whether it makes sense or not. He’s like a hobo or something. In other Sox news, Rosenthal says that John Danks and Gavin Floyd are available too, so it looks like the White Sox’ rotation is gonna see some changes soon.
UPDATE: Jon Heyman hears that if the Blue Jays acquire Edwin Jackson, they may attempt to flip him to the Cardinals for Colby Rasmus. If that went down, Alex Anthopoulos would have pulled off something pretty frickin’ spiffy.
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 38
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 35
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 45
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 58
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (107)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)