Jul 27, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
Why the Jays would want to go after a starter like Jackson is an open question given that they’re not in contention, but it’s possible that this is the first step in multiple trades involving Jackson. Of course, the whole reason Jackson is even on the White Sox right now is because it is widely believed that Kenny Williams was trying to do the same two-step with him last year in an effort to trade for Adam Dunn and that didn’t work out.
It’s also possible that there’s simply a rule none of knows about that requires that Edwin Jackson go to a new team every year whether it makes sense or not. He’s like a hobo or something. In other Sox news, Rosenthal says that John Danks and Gavin Floyd are available too, so it looks like the White Sox’ rotation is gonna see some changes soon.
UPDATE: Jon Heyman hears that if the Blue Jays acquire Edwin Jackson, they may attempt to flip him to the Cardinals for Colby Rasmus. If that went down, Alex Anthopoulos would have pulled off something pretty frickin’ spiffy.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)