Jul 27, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
Why the Jays would want to go after a starter like Jackson is an open question given that they’re not in contention, but it’s possible that this is the first step in multiple trades involving Jackson. Of course, the whole reason Jackson is even on the White Sox right now is because it is widely believed that Kenny Williams was trying to do the same two-step with him last year in an effort to trade for Adam Dunn and that didn’t work out.
It’s also possible that there’s simply a rule none of knows about that requires that Edwin Jackson go to a new team every year whether it makes sense or not. He’s like a hobo or something. In other Sox news, Rosenthal says that John Danks and Gavin Floyd are available too, so it looks like the White Sox’ rotation is gonna see some changes soon.
UPDATE: Jon Heyman hears that if the Blue Jays acquire Edwin Jackson, they may attempt to flip him to the Cardinals for Colby Rasmus. If that went down, Alex Anthopoulos would have pulled off something pretty frickin’ spiffy.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 21
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (113)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)