Jul 28, 2011, 12:46 PM EDT
Carl Crawford missed yesterday’s game and is out of the lineup this afternoon as well because of a strained left elbow.
Peter Abraham of the Boston Globe reports that Crawford got a cortisone injection in the elbow Tuesday night, which usually knocks players out of commission for at least a couple days.
Crawford told Abraham that he hopes to rejoin the lineup tomorrow night for the start of a three-game road series against the White Sox, admitting that the elbow “has been bothering me for a little while, more when I throw than with my swing.”
Since returning last week from a month-long stint on the disabled list for a hamstring injury Crawford is 10-for-35 (.286) with two doubles and a .685 OPS in eight games. His overall .663 OPS is 118 points below his career norm coming into the first season of a seven-year, $142 million deal.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (93)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (86)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)