Jul 28, 2011, 12:46 PM EST
Carl Crawford missed yesterday’s game and is out of the lineup this afternoon as well because of a strained left elbow.
Peter Abraham of the Boston Globe reports that Crawford got a cortisone injection in the elbow Tuesday night, which usually knocks players out of commission for at least a couple days.
Crawford told Abraham that he hopes to rejoin the lineup tomorrow night for the start of a three-game road series against the White Sox, admitting that the elbow “has been bothering me for a little while, more when I throw than with my swing.”
Since returning last week from a month-long stint on the disabled list for a hamstring injury Crawford is 10-for-35 (.286) with two doubles and a .685 OPS in eight games. His overall .663 OPS is 118 points below his career norm coming into the first season of a seven-year, $142 million deal.
- Where does Nelson Cruz go from here? 21
- Shin-Soo Choo agrees to seven-year, $130 million deal with Rangers 77
- Grant Balfour may file a grievance over Orioles’ decision to back out of contract 22
- Former Major Leaguer Gabe Kapler wants collisions to remain part of the game 43
- Carlos Beltran introduced by the Yankees, takes a shot at the Mets 40
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- I don’t know what the best baseball song is, but it ain’t John freakin’ Fogerty (101)
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! (89)
- Shin-Soo Choo agrees to seven-year, $130 million deal with Rangers (77)
- ‘Tis the season for people acting incredibly dumb (74)