Jul 28, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
Video cameras found both Colby Rasmus and Tony La Russa following the trade yesterday. They each had particularly Rasmus-esque and La Russa-esque takes on the matter.
First Rasmus who, when asked about La Russa, says “I hope he’s happy”:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Now La Russa, who talks about how young players “are spoiled.”This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Say what you want about the value the Cardinals got back for him. It’s pretty damn clear that the two of these guys couldn’t operate in the same organization any longer.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (115)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)