Jul 28, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
Video cameras found both Colby Rasmus and Tony La Russa following the trade yesterday. They each had particularly Rasmus-esque and La Russa-esque takes on the matter.
First Rasmus who, when asked about La Russa, says “I hope he’s happy”:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Now La Russa, who talks about how young players “are spoiled.”This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Say what you want about the value the Cardinals got back for him. It’s pretty damn clear that the two of these guys couldn’t operate in the same organization any longer.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 16
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 26
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 26
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)