Jul 28, 2011, 10:47 AM EST
Lowrie took swings off a tee earlier this week and was happy enough with how he felt that the Red Sox cleared him to take the next step, but there’s still no official timetable for his return.
He’s still dealing with some fatigue issues following the long layoff, but Lowrie seems optimistic about his recent progress.
At the time of the injury Lowrie was starting nearly every day at shortstop, but the Red Sox would no doubt be happy to have him back as a utility man and role player for the stretch run.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)