Jul 28, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
Lowrie took swings off a tee earlier this week and was happy enough with how he felt that the Red Sox cleared him to take the next step, but there’s still no official timetable for his return.
He’s still dealing with some fatigue issues following the long layoff, but Lowrie seems optimistic about his recent progress.
At the time of the injury Lowrie was starting nearly every day at shortstop, but the Red Sox would no doubt be happy to have him back as a utility man and role player for the stretch run.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (85)