Jul 28, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
Lowrie took swings off a tee earlier this week and was happy enough with how he felt that the Red Sox cleared him to take the next step, but there’s still no official timetable for his return.
He’s still dealing with some fatigue issues following the long layoff, but Lowrie seems optimistic about his recent progress.
At the time of the injury Lowrie was starting nearly every day at shortstop, but the Red Sox would no doubt be happy to have him back as a utility man and role player for the stretch run.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 2
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 4
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 5
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 51
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)