Jul 28, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
Lowrie took swings off a tee earlier this week and was happy enough with how he felt that the Red Sox cleared him to take the next step, but there’s still no official timetable for his return.
He’s still dealing with some fatigue issues following the long layoff, but Lowrie seems optimistic about his recent progress.
At the time of the injury Lowrie was starting nearly every day at shortstop, but the Red Sox would no doubt be happy to have him back as a utility man and role player for the stretch run.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 36
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 50
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)