Jul 28, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
Lowrie took swings off a tee earlier this week and was happy enough with how he felt that the Red Sox cleared him to take the next step, but there’s still no official timetable for his return.
He’s still dealing with some fatigue issues following the long layoff, but Lowrie seems optimistic about his recent progress.
At the time of the injury Lowrie was starting nearly every day at shortstop, but the Red Sox would no doubt be happy to have him back as a utility man and role player for the stretch run.
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 6
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 47
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 38
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 89
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 19
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)