Jul 28, 2011, 11:05 AM EDT
We figured that everyone looking for a bat at the deadline would wait until after Carlos Beltran got moved to swoop in for the second tier. That seems to be happening at least with Ryan Ludwick, as Jon Heyman reports that the Phillies, Braves, Reds and Indians are all interested.
Maybe the Indians is old information given that they appear as though they’ll have Kosuke Fukudome by this evening, but I could see both Philly and Atlanta going for him. Ludwick is no great shakes — he’s hitting .238 with 11 homers and 62 RBI this season — but he’d probably do a bit better out of San Diego. And, given that he’ll be a free agent this winter, it’s not like he’ll cost a ton.
An exciting move? Nah. But if you want a little power and don’t want to pay much for it, you could do worse.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (87)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (75)