Jul 28, 2011, 2:34 PM EDT
Look, I’ll point you to the earlier post about how the White Sox are inclined to keep Carlos Quentin — it’s not like they’re our of contention — and I’ll remind you that various people have tweeted today that the Sox, if they were to trade Quentin would be asking for a ton of talent in return. Let us agree, then, that a Carlos Quentin deal isn’t totally imminent here.
But I post this anyway, because I would like for it to be known, that Ken Rosenthal described the Braves’ interest in Quentin as them being “hot” for him.
The day after every trade deadline, I wake up feeling like I need to scrub all of the sin away.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (109)