Jul 28, 2011, 2:34 PM EDT
Look, I’ll point you to the earlier post about how the White Sox are inclined to keep Carlos Quentin — it’s not like they’re our of contention — and I’ll remind you that various people have tweeted today that the Sox, if they were to trade Quentin would be asking for a ton of talent in return. Let us agree, then, that a Carlos Quentin deal isn’t totally imminent here.
But I post this anyway, because I would like for it to be known, that Ken Rosenthal described the Braves’ interest in Quentin as them being “hot” for him.
The day after every trade deadline, I wake up feeling like I need to scrub all of the sin away.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 8
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 11
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 10
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 31
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)