Jul 28, 2011, 2:34 PM EDT
Look, I’ll point you to the earlier post about how the White Sox are inclined to keep Carlos Quentin — it’s not like they’re our of contention — and I’ll remind you that various people have tweeted today that the Sox, if they were to trade Quentin would be asking for a ton of talent in return. Let us agree, then, that a Carlos Quentin deal isn’t totally imminent here.
But I post this anyway, because I would like for it to be known, that Ken Rosenthal described the Braves’ interest in Quentin as them being “hot” for him.
The day after every trade deadline, I wake up feeling like I need to scrub all of the sin away.
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 2
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 21
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 60
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 84
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 90
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 19
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)