Jul 28, 2011, 2:34 PM EST
Look, I’ll point you to the earlier post about how the White Sox are inclined to keep Carlos Quentin — it’s not like they’re our of contention — and I’ll remind you that various people have tweeted today that the Sox, if they were to trade Quentin would be asking for a ton of talent in return. Let us agree, then, that a Carlos Quentin deal isn’t totally imminent here.
But I post this anyway, because I would like for it to be known, that Ken Rosenthal described the Braves’ interest in Quentin as them being “hot” for him.
The day after every trade deadline, I wake up feeling like I need to scrub all of the sin away.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)