Jul 28, 2011, 2:34 PM EST
Look, I’ll point you to the earlier post about how the White Sox are inclined to keep Carlos Quentin — it’s not like they’re our of contention — and I’ll remind you that various people have tweeted today that the Sox, if they were to trade Quentin would be asking for a ton of talent in return. Let us agree, then, that a Carlos Quentin deal isn’t totally imminent here.
But I post this anyway, because I would like for it to be known, that Ken Rosenthal described the Braves’ interest in Quentin as them being “hot” for him.
The day after every trade deadline, I wake up feeling like I need to scrub all of the sin away.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 162
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (162)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (137)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)