Jul 28, 2011, 12:02 PM EDT
Man, they should really get off of him. He gets hurt so damn easily!
Of course, Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi may be speaking figuratively here, suggesting that the Sox are eager to make a deal for the Mariners’ lefty. The Mariners are certainly preparing for such a thing, as Rosenthal and Morosi report that M’s scouts have been checking out Sox prospects recently.
Bedard is certainly a risk. He hasn’t pitched in over a month thanks to an injury, shockingly enough. But if he can pitch for the next two months, he could be a great pickup. He has a 3.00 ERA and 85/26 K/BB ratio in 15 starts. And he’s way cheaper than Ubaldo Jimenez.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 2
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 21
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 39
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 16
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4