Jul 28, 2011, 12:02 PM EDT
Man, they should really get off of him. He gets hurt so damn easily!
Of course, Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi may be speaking figuratively here, suggesting that the Sox are eager to make a deal for the Mariners’ lefty. The Mariners are certainly preparing for such a thing, as Rosenthal and Morosi report that M’s scouts have been checking out Sox prospects recently.
Bedard is certainly a risk. He hasn’t pitched in over a month thanks to an injury, shockingly enough. But if he can pitch for the next two months, he could be a great pickup. He has a 3.00 ERA and 85/26 K/BB ratio in 15 starts. And he’s way cheaper than Ubaldo Jimenez.
- Today is the Sox’ annual Patriot’s Day game. It’s more significant now than ever. 5
- Boswell: “Harper may be the Nats’ seventh-best player” 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 71
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 10
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 172
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (173)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)