Jul 28, 2011, 12:02 PM EDT
Man, they should really get off of him. He gets hurt so damn easily!
Of course, Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi may be speaking figuratively here, suggesting that the Sox are eager to make a deal for the Mariners’ lefty. The Mariners are certainly preparing for such a thing, as Rosenthal and Morosi report that M’s scouts have been checking out Sox prospects recently.
Bedard is certainly a risk. He hasn’t pitched in over a month thanks to an injury, shockingly enough. But if he can pitch for the next two months, he could be a great pickup. He has a 3.00 ERA and 85/26 K/BB ratio in 15 starts. And he’s way cheaper than Ubaldo Jimenez.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 13
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 41
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)