Jul 28, 2011, 12:02 PM EDT
Man, they should really get off of him. He gets hurt so damn easily!
Of course, Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi may be speaking figuratively here, suggesting that the Sox are eager to make a deal for the Mariners’ lefty. The Mariners are certainly preparing for such a thing, as Rosenthal and Morosi report that M’s scouts have been checking out Sox prospects recently.
Bedard is certainly a risk. He hasn’t pitched in over a month thanks to an injury, shockingly enough. But if he can pitch for the next two months, he could be a great pickup. He has a 3.00 ERA and 85/26 K/BB ratio in 15 starts. And he’s way cheaper than Ubaldo Jimenez.
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 55
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 22
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 139
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 133
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 36
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (139)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (133)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)