Jul 28, 2011, 12:02 PM EST
Man, they should really get off of him. He gets hurt so damn easily!
Of course, Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi may be speaking figuratively here, suggesting that the Sox are eager to make a deal for the Mariners’ lefty. The Mariners are certainly preparing for such a thing, as Rosenthal and Morosi report that M’s scouts have been checking out Sox prospects recently.
Bedard is certainly a risk. He hasn’t pitched in over a month thanks to an injury, shockingly enough. But if he can pitch for the next two months, he could be a great pickup. He has a 3.00 ERA and 85/26 K/BB ratio in 15 starts. And he’s way cheaper than Ubaldo Jimenez.
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 2
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 64
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 78
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 61
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)