Jul 28, 2011, 12:34 PM EDT
Carlos Quentin‘s name has popped up in rumor gulch a few times over the past 24 hours. The Phillies are said to be interested. I presume the Braves would be too. Now Danny Knobler tweets that the Red Sox would “almost certainly” be interested in the White Sox’ slugger too.
Only problem with that: Bob Nightengale of USA Today says, that the White Sox plan to keep him. So it’s kinda moot.
He would be quite a pickup, however. He’s hitting .265/.356/.516 with 20 homers and he’s under team control through next year. Anyone who needs a bat should be interested if and when the White Sox take themselves off the Quentin do not call list.
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 32
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 123
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 73
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (123)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)