Jul 28, 2011, 12:34 PM EDT
Carlos Quentin‘s name has popped up in rumor gulch a few times over the past 24 hours. The Phillies are said to be interested. I presume the Braves would be too. Now Danny Knobler tweets that the Red Sox would “almost certainly” be interested in the White Sox’ slugger too.
Only problem with that: Bob Nightengale of USA Today says, that the White Sox plan to keep him. So it’s kinda moot.
He would be quite a pickup, however. He’s hitting .265/.356/.516 with 20 homers and he’s under team control through next year. Anyone who needs a bat should be interested if and when the White Sox take themselves off the Quentin do not call list.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 76
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47