Jul 28, 2011, 1:35 PM EST
Pittsburgh Tribune-Review writer Joe Starkey just got on Twitter ten days ago, but during the Braves-Pirates 19-inning marathon/atrocity the other night he discovered just how fun it is to watch a game with a Twitter window open:
I’m new to this Twitter stuff. I could never understand why anyone needed a laptop while watching a game. When fellow Trib columnist Dejan Kovacevic introduced me to Twitter 10 days ago, I was frightened. Now, I’m enlightened. I’ll never watch another game alone.
Read his column to know why. I don’t think he and follow many of the same people, but he does a good job explaining the dynamic of watching a game with a few hundred Twitter friends.
I know there are a ton of you who still look askance at Twitter and wonder why anyone would want to watch a game with a bunch of virtual friends cracking wise. But really, I’m to the point now where I have a hard time watching a game without that.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 276
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (276)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)