Jul 28, 2011, 1:35 PM EDT
Pittsburgh Tribune-Review writer Joe Starkey just got on Twitter ten days ago, but during the Braves-Pirates 19-inning marathon/atrocity the other night he discovered just how fun it is to watch a game with a Twitter window open:
I’m new to this Twitter stuff. I could never understand why anyone needed a laptop while watching a game. When fellow Trib columnist Dejan Kovacevic introduced me to Twitter 10 days ago, I was frightened. Now, I’m enlightened. I’ll never watch another game alone.
Read his column to know why. I don’t think he and follow many of the same people, but he does a good job explaining the dynamic of watching a game with a few hundred Twitter friends.
I know there are a ton of you who still look askance at Twitter and wonder why anyone would want to watch a game with a bunch of virtual friends cracking wise. But really, I’m to the point now where I have a hard time watching a game without that.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 23
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 82
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 8
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 17
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (84)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)