Jul 28, 2011, 1:35 PM EDT
Pittsburgh Tribune-Review writer Joe Starkey just got on Twitter ten days ago, but during the Braves-Pirates 19-inning marathon/atrocity the other night he discovered just how fun it is to watch a game with a Twitter window open:
I’m new to this Twitter stuff. I could never understand why anyone needed a laptop while watching a game. When fellow Trib columnist Dejan Kovacevic introduced me to Twitter 10 days ago, I was frightened. Now, I’m enlightened. I’ll never watch another game alone.
Read his column to know why. I don’t think he and follow many of the same people, but he does a good job explaining the dynamic of watching a game with a few hundred Twitter friends.
I know there are a ton of you who still look askance at Twitter and wonder why anyone would want to watch a game with a bunch of virtual friends cracking wise. But really, I’m to the point now where I have a hard time watching a game without that.
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 4
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 85
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (86)