Jul 28, 2011, 1:35 PM EST
Pittsburgh Tribune-Review writer Joe Starkey just got on Twitter ten days ago, but during the Braves-Pirates 19-inning marathon/atrocity the other night he discovered just how fun it is to watch a game with a Twitter window open:
I’m new to this Twitter stuff. I could never understand why anyone needed a laptop while watching a game. When fellow Trib columnist Dejan Kovacevic introduced me to Twitter 10 days ago, I was frightened. Now, I’m enlightened. I’ll never watch another game alone.
Read his column to know why. I don’t think he and follow many of the same people, but he does a good job explaining the dynamic of watching a game with a few hundred Twitter friends.
I know there are a ton of you who still look askance at Twitter and wonder why anyone would want to watch a game with a bunch of virtual friends cracking wise. But really, I’m to the point now where I have a hard time watching a game without that.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 73
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)