Jul 28, 2011, 1:54 PM EDT
CSN New England will be televising the Cape Cod League All-Star Game on Friday, only trying something a little different with it.
Instead of the usual view of the pitcher and batter from the center-field camera, the broadcast will feature two main play-by-play cameras, one from above first base and the other from above third. The goal is to be able to show the ball being hit, the play being made (or not made) and the batter running, all at the same time.
“I think it just gives a different overall, psychological feeling to our viewers about the game,” said Mike Glenn, who is co-directing the broadcast. “And I think people who are casual viewers of the game, or those who think they don’t like baseball, if they watch a game using this method, they’re going to look at it and go, ‘Wow, I had no idea all that is going on.’”
At the very least, it sounds like an interesting experiment to give watchers a better feel of what it’s actually like to watch a game from the ballpark, in this case, Fenway. And since the Cape Cod League All-Star Game is sure to feature several future major leaguers anyway, it’s worth watching regardless. Look for it on CSN New England at 7 p.m. EDT on Friday night.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 13
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)