Jul 28, 2011, 1:54 PM EDT
CSN New England will be televising the Cape Cod League All-Star Game on Friday, only trying something a little different with it.
Instead of the usual view of the pitcher and batter from the center-field camera, the broadcast will feature two main play-by-play cameras, one from above first base and the other from above third. The goal is to be able to show the ball being hit, the play being made (or not made) and the batter running, all at the same time.
“I think it just gives a different overall, psychological feeling to our viewers about the game,” said Mike Glenn, who is co-directing the broadcast. “And I think people who are casual viewers of the game, or those who think they don’t like baseball, if they watch a game using this method, they’re going to look at it and go, ‘Wow, I had no idea all that is going on.’”
At the very least, it sounds like an interesting experiment to give watchers a better feel of what it’s actually like to watch a game from the ballpark, in this case, Fenway. And since the Cape Cod League All-Star Game is sure to feature several future major leaguers anyway, it’s worth watching regardless. Look for it on CSN New England at 7 p.m. EDT on Friday night.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 23
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 26
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 84
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 15
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)