Jul 29, 2011, 5:17 PM EST
Span, who’s been rehabbing at Triple-A for the past two weeks while taking multiple days off, told Joe Christensen of the Minneapolis Star Tribune that he expects to play one final game at Rochester tonight before joining the Twins on their West Coast road trip.
Christensen speculates that the Twins might be a little more cautious with his timetable, as Span hasn’t played for them since June 3 and hit just .207 with a .448 OPS through his first eight rehab games.
His being activated from the disabled list prior to Sunday’s trade deadline isn’t necessarily required in order for Span to be on the move, although obviously the Nationals (and any other teams interested in him) would love to see him cleared for a return before pulling the trigger on a deal.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 8
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (96)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (86)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)