Jul 29, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
Span, who’s been rehabbing at Triple-A for the past two weeks while taking multiple days off, told Joe Christensen of the Minneapolis Star Tribune that he expects to play one final game at Rochester tonight before joining the Twins on their West Coast road trip.
Christensen speculates that the Twins might be a little more cautious with his timetable, as Span hasn’t played for them since June 3 and hit just .207 with a .448 OPS through his first eight rehab games.
His being activated from the disabled list prior to Sunday’s trade deadline isn’t necessarily required in order for Span to be on the move, although obviously the Nationals (and any other teams interested in him) would love to see him cleared for a return before pulling the trigger on a deal.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (74)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (70)
- Barry Bonds is back in uniform (68)