Jul 29, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
Span, who’s been rehabbing at Triple-A for the past two weeks while taking multiple days off, told Joe Christensen of the Minneapolis Star Tribune that he expects to play one final game at Rochester tonight before joining the Twins on their West Coast road trip.
Christensen speculates that the Twins might be a little more cautious with his timetable, as Span hasn’t played for them since June 3 and hit just .207 with a .448 OPS through his first eight rehab games.
His being activated from the disabled list prior to Sunday’s trade deadline isn’t necessarily required in order for Span to be on the move, although obviously the Nationals (and any other teams interested in him) would love to see him cleared for a return before pulling the trigger on a deal.
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 4
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 30
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 5
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 19
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)