Jul 29, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
Span, who’s been rehabbing at Triple-A for the past two weeks while taking multiple days off, told Joe Christensen of the Minneapolis Star Tribune that he expects to play one final game at Rochester tonight before joining the Twins on their West Coast road trip.
Christensen speculates that the Twins might be a little more cautious with his timetable, as Span hasn’t played for them since June 3 and hit just .207 with a .448 OPS through his first eight rehab games.
His being activated from the disabled list prior to Sunday’s trade deadline isn’t necessarily required in order for Span to be on the move, although obviously the Nationals (and any other teams interested in him) would love to see him cleared for a return before pulling the trigger on a deal.
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 31
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 9
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 60
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)