Jul 29, 2011, 11:35 AM EDT
Chien-Ming Wang is making his first major league start in a couple of years tomorrow. This will be cause for great celebration in Taipei:
Citizens have been invited to gather at Taipei City Hall to watch a live stream of the Nationals home game against the New York Mets live at 7 p.m. EST (7 a.m. Taiwan time), Taipei city government announced Friday. The city government will co-host a “party” that begins at 6 a.m. for fans to cheer for the Taiwanese right-hander in front of a large screen as three local sports channels will also begin their broadcasts. Fans are encouraged to support Wang with body painting or posters, said the city sports office. Fifteen Nationals jerseys will be given away to the most creative displays. The first 150 people to arrive at the event will also be offered free breakfast.
Eh, I probably wouldn’t go even if I was there. I hear it’s gonna be a total Wang party.
(link via BTF)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 95
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 3
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 150
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 11
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (150)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)