Jul 29, 2011, 11:35 AM EDT
Chien-Ming Wang is making his first major league start in a couple of years tomorrow. This will be cause for great celebration in Taipei:
Citizens have been invited to gather at Taipei City Hall to watch a live stream of the Nationals home game against the New York Mets live at 7 p.m. EST (7 a.m. Taiwan time), Taipei city government announced Friday. The city government will co-host a “party” that begins at 6 a.m. for fans to cheer for the Taiwanese right-hander in front of a large screen as three local sports channels will also begin their broadcasts. Fans are encouraged to support Wang with body painting or posters, said the city sports office. Fifteen Nationals jerseys will be given away to the most creative displays. The first 150 people to arrive at the event will also be offered free breakfast.
Eh, I probably wouldn’t go even if I was there. I hear it’s gonna be a total Wang party.
(link via BTF)
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 5
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 23
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 37
- Brian Cashman calls out Yankees hitting coach Kevin Long 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 84
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL