Jul 29, 2011, 11:35 AM EST
Chien-Ming Wang is making his first major league start in a couple of years tomorrow. This will be cause for great celebration in Taipei:
Citizens have been invited to gather at Taipei City Hall to watch a live stream of the Nationals home game against the New York Mets live at 7 p.m. EST (7 a.m. Taiwan time), Taipei city government announced Friday. The city government will co-host a “party” that begins at 6 a.m. for fans to cheer for the Taiwanese right-hander in front of a large screen as three local sports channels will also begin their broadcasts. Fans are encouraged to support Wang with body painting or posters, said the city sports office. Fifteen Nationals jerseys will be given away to the most creative displays. The first 150 people to arrive at the event will also be offered free breakfast.
Eh, I probably wouldn’t go even if I was there. I hear it’s gonna be a total Wang party.
(link via BTF)
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 57
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 228
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 160
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (230)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (100)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)