Jul 29, 2011, 11:35 AM EDT
Chien-Ming Wang is making his first major league start in a couple of years tomorrow. This will be cause for great celebration in Taipei:
Citizens have been invited to gather at Taipei City Hall to watch a live stream of the Nationals home game against the New York Mets live at 7 p.m. EST (7 a.m. Taiwan time), Taipei city government announced Friday. The city government will co-host a “party” that begins at 6 a.m. for fans to cheer for the Taiwanese right-hander in front of a large screen as three local sports channels will also begin their broadcasts. Fans are encouraged to support Wang with body painting or posters, said the city sports office. Fifteen Nationals jerseys will be given away to the most creative displays. The first 150 people to arrive at the event will also be offered free breakfast.
Eh, I probably wouldn’t go even if I was there. I hear it’s gonna be a total Wang party.
(link via BTF)
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12