Jul 29, 2011, 11:19 AM EST
Jansen complained of his heart “fluttering” after closing out a 3-2 win Tuesday night and had to be driven to the hospital by the Dodgers’ training staff and then shocked back into rhythm.
Steve Dilbeck of the Los Angeles Times reports that Jansen could be cleared to pitch as soon as Saturday, which would be excellent news for the dominant reliever with a 16-inning scoreless streak that dates back to mid-June and includes a .059 opponents’ batting average with 26 strikeouts.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 32
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 101
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)