Jul 29, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
Jansen complained of his heart “fluttering” after closing out a 3-2 win Tuesday night and had to be driven to the hospital by the Dodgers’ training staff and then shocked back into rhythm.
Steve Dilbeck of the Los Angeles Times reports that Jansen could be cleared to pitch as soon as Saturday, which would be excellent news for the dominant reliever with a 16-inning scoreless streak that dates back to mid-June and includes a .059 opponents’ batting average with 26 strikeouts.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 75
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 77
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 102
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (104)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)
- Jonathan Papelbon blows save, gets ejected for making rude gesture at booing crowd (77)