Jul 29, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
Jansen complained of his heart “fluttering” after closing out a 3-2 win Tuesday night and had to be driven to the hospital by the Dodgers’ training staff and then shocked back into rhythm.
Steve Dilbeck of the Los Angeles Times reports that Jansen could be cleared to pitch as soon as Saturday, which would be excellent news for the dominant reliever with a 16-inning scoreless streak that dates back to mid-June and includes a .059 opponents’ batting average with 26 strikeouts.
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 8
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 28
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 17
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 30
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (96)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)