Jul 29, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
Jansen complained of his heart “fluttering” after closing out a 3-2 win Tuesday night and had to be driven to the hospital by the Dodgers’ training staff and then shocked back into rhythm.
Steve Dilbeck of the Los Angeles Times reports that Jansen could be cleared to pitch as soon as Saturday, which would be excellent news for the dominant reliever with a 16-inning scoreless streak that dates back to mid-June and includes a .059 opponents’ batting average with 26 strikeouts.
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 7
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 25
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 16
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (87)