Jul 29, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
Jansen complained of his heart “fluttering” after closing out a 3-2 win Tuesday night and had to be driven to the hospital by the Dodgers’ training staff and then shocked back into rhythm.
Steve Dilbeck of the Los Angeles Times reports that Jansen could be cleared to pitch as soon as Saturday, which would be excellent news for the dominant reliever with a 16-inning scoreless streak that dates back to mid-June and includes a .059 opponents’ batting average with 26 strikeouts.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20