Jul 29, 2011, 1:30 PM EDT
Here’s what the Kansas City Star’s Bob Dutton had to say in his trade deadline article Friday:
Veteran lefties Jeff Francis and Bruce Chen along with right-hander Kyle Davies are drawing interest from several clubs in advance of the non-waiver trading deadline, which is 3 p.m. Central time Sunday.
Now, perhaps he’s just lumping Davies and his 1-9 record and his 6.75 ERA in there with the other two because one team did call about him. And if that one team was the Hiroshima Toyo Carp, well, that’s still a team.
At least Dutton does state the obvious a bit later:
None are likely to generate much of a return in a trade since all project as No. 5 starters for a contender.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 21
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)