Jul 29, 2011, 1:30 PM EDT
Here’s what the Kansas City Star’s Bob Dutton had to say in his trade deadline article Friday:
Veteran lefties Jeff Francis and Bruce Chen along with right-hander Kyle Davies are drawing interest from several clubs in advance of the non-waiver trading deadline, which is 3 p.m. Central time Sunday.
Now, perhaps he’s just lumping Davies and his 1-9 record and his 6.75 ERA in there with the other two because one team did call about him. And if that one team was the Hiroshima Toyo Carp, well, that’s still a team.
At least Dutton does state the obvious a bit later:
None are likely to generate much of a return in a trade since all project as No. 5 starters for a contender.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 0
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 17
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 19
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 30
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (94)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)