Jul 29, 2011, 1:30 PM EDT
Here’s what the Kansas City Star’s Bob Dutton had to say in his trade deadline article Friday:
Veteran lefties Jeff Francis and Bruce Chen along with right-hander Kyle Davies are drawing interest from several clubs in advance of the non-waiver trading deadline, which is 3 p.m. Central time Sunday.
Now, perhaps he’s just lumping Davies and his 1-9 record and his 6.75 ERA in there with the other two because one team did call about him. And if that one team was the Hiroshima Toyo Carp, well, that’s still a team.
At least Dutton does state the obvious a bit later:
None are likely to generate much of a return in a trade since all project as No. 5 starters for a contender.
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (116)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (104)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (73)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT