Jul 29, 2011, 1:30 PM EDT
Here’s what the Kansas City Star’s Bob Dutton had to say in his trade deadline article Friday:
Veteran lefties Jeff Francis and Bruce Chen along with right-hander Kyle Davies are drawing interest from several clubs in advance of the non-waiver trading deadline, which is 3 p.m. Central time Sunday.
Now, perhaps he’s just lumping Davies and his 1-9 record and his 6.75 ERA in there with the other two because one team did call about him. And if that one team was the Hiroshima Toyo Carp, well, that’s still a team.
At least Dutton does state the obvious a bit later:
None are likely to generate much of a return in a trade since all project as No. 5 starters for a contender.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)