Jul 29, 2011, 1:30 PM EDT
Here’s what the Kansas City Star’s Bob Dutton had to say in his trade deadline article Friday:
Veteran lefties Jeff Francis and Bruce Chen along with right-hander Kyle Davies are drawing interest from several clubs in advance of the non-waiver trading deadline, which is 3 p.m. Central time Sunday.
Now, perhaps he’s just lumping Davies and his 1-9 record and his 6.75 ERA in there with the other two because one team did call about him. And if that one team was the Hiroshima Toyo Carp, well, that’s still a team.
At least Dutton does state the obvious a bit later:
None are likely to generate much of a return in a trade since all project as No. 5 starters for a contender.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (86)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)