Jul 29, 2011, 8:04 PM EDT
FOXSports.com’s Ken Rosenthal says the Tigers have strong interest in Ubaldo Jimenez and that they’re willing to give up their most prized minor leaguer to get him.
That minor leaguer would be 20-year-old Jacob Turner, who has gone 3-5 with a 3.48 ERA and a 90/32 K/BB ratio in 113 2/3 innings for Double-A Erie this season. He’s one of baseball’s top 10 pitching prospects, and the Rockies were certain to require him as part of a Jimenez deal.
Of course, it sounds like the Rockies are holding out for at least two and preferably three top prospects in return for their ace. The Tigers are pretty shallow when it comes to prospects, though they do have a very promising third baseman in Nick Castellanos to potentially pair with Turner.
As mentioned earlier, the Red Sox and Indians are also in pursuit of Jimenez.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 2
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 51
- Breaking: The Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 99
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 70
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 76
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)