Jul 29, 2011, 8:04 PM EDT
FOXSports.com’s Ken Rosenthal says the Tigers have strong interest in Ubaldo Jimenez and that they’re willing to give up their most prized minor leaguer to get him.
That minor leaguer would be 20-year-old Jacob Turner, who has gone 3-5 with a 3.48 ERA and a 90/32 K/BB ratio in 113 2/3 innings for Double-A Erie this season. He’s one of baseball’s top 10 pitching prospects, and the Rockies were certain to require him as part of a Jimenez deal.
Of course, it sounds like the Rockies are holding out for at least two and preferably three top prospects in return for their ace. The Tigers are pretty shallow when it comes to prospects, though they do have a very promising third baseman in Nick Castellanos to potentially pair with Turner.
As mentioned earlier, the Red Sox and Indians are also in pursuit of Jimenez.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 53
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)