Jul 29, 2011, 4:58 PM EDT
Finally! After weeks of rumors we can finally put all of this “where will Ryan Langerhans go?” speculation to bed!
Oh, wait there wasn’t any. But it is the “trade deadline,” not just the “Hunter Pence Trade Deadline” so you should know that Ryan Langerhans has been traded by the Mariners to the Diamondbacks for cash. That’s a trade, basically, so it’s worthy of reporting.
Langerhans, who many thought was killed in an industrial accident several years ago, is hitting a robust .173/.317/.346 in 64 plate appearances for the Mariners. For approximately a week in 2005 some people thought he’d be something special. He is somehow 31-years-old already.
That’s all I got. Really. This has been a pretty draining week.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 27
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 48
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 68
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)