Jul 29, 2011, 4:58 PM EDT
Finally! After weeks of rumors we can finally put all of this “where will Ryan Langerhans go?” speculation to bed!
Oh, wait there wasn’t any. But it is the “trade deadline,” not just the “Hunter Pence Trade Deadline” so you should know that Ryan Langerhans has been traded by the Mariners to the Diamondbacks for cash. That’s a trade, basically, so it’s worthy of reporting.
Langerhans, who many thought was killed in an industrial accident several years ago, is hitting a robust .173/.317/.346 in 64 plate appearances for the Mariners. For approximately a week in 2005 some people thought he’d be something special. He is somehow 31-years-old already.
That’s all I got. Really. This has been a pretty draining week.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 51
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 16
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)