Jul 29, 2011, 4:58 PM EDT
Finally! After weeks of rumors we can finally put all of this “where will Ryan Langerhans go?” speculation to bed!
Oh, wait there wasn’t any. But it is the “trade deadline,” not just the “Hunter Pence Trade Deadline” so you should know that Ryan Langerhans has been traded by the Mariners to the Diamondbacks for cash. That’s a trade, basically, so it’s worthy of reporting.
Langerhans, who many thought was killed in an industrial accident several years ago, is hitting a robust .173/.317/.346 in 64 plate appearances for the Mariners. For approximately a week in 2005 some people thought he’d be something special. He is somehow 31-years-old already.
That’s all I got. Really. This has been a pretty draining week.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 23
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 25
- Joe Maddon shows us why limited instant replay and manager challenges are bad ideas 36
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore 63
- Apparently Miguel Cabrera’s 2013 has made his 2012 better somehow 55
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims