Jul 29, 2011, 4:58 PM EDT
Finally! After weeks of rumors we can finally put all of this “where will Ryan Langerhans go?” speculation to bed!
Oh, wait there wasn’t any. But it is the “trade deadline,” not just the “Hunter Pence Trade Deadline” so you should know that Ryan Langerhans has been traded by the Mariners to the Diamondbacks for cash. That’s a trade, basically, so it’s worthy of reporting.
Langerhans, who many thought was killed in an industrial accident several years ago, is hitting a robust .173/.317/.346 in 64 plate appearances for the Mariners. For approximately a week in 2005 some people thought he’d be something special. He is somehow 31-years-old already.
That’s all I got. Really. This has been a pretty draining week.
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 2
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 38
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 59
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 70
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 44
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 30
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)