Jul 29, 2011, 4:58 PM EST
Finally! After weeks of rumors we can finally put all of this “where will Ryan Langerhans go?” speculation to bed!
Oh, wait there wasn’t any. But it is the “trade deadline,” not just the “Hunter Pence Trade Deadline” so you should know that Ryan Langerhans has been traded by the Mariners to the Diamondbacks for cash. That’s a trade, basically, so it’s worthy of reporting.
Langerhans, who many thought was killed in an industrial accident several years ago, is hitting a robust .173/.317/.346 in 64 plate appearances for the Mariners. For approximately a week in 2005 some people thought he’d be something special. He is somehow 31-years-old already.
That’s all I got. Really. This has been a pretty draining week.
- Video: Watch Matt Harvey’s return to action against the Tigers 1
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 21
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)