Jul 29, 2011, 2:06 PM EST
We learned last night that Aramis Ramirez may be willing to waive his no-trade clause. If so, the Cubs may have a trading partner for him, as Bob Nightengale tweets that the Angels are “quite interested” in him.
It would be a great fit if they could swing it. The Angels really need some pop and Ramirez has been blistering the ball lately, batting .297 with 17 homers since the beginning of June. He’s owed a lot of money for the remainder of this season, but his 2012 obligations are a club option that won’t be exercised, costing the Angels or whoever he’s playing for when the season ends $2 million in a buyout.
Hard to think of a player who could use a change of scenery more than Ramirez. Hard to think of a team who could use him more than the Angels.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 0
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40