Jul 29, 2011, 2:06 PM EDT
We learned last night that Aramis Ramirez may be willing to waive his no-trade clause. If so, the Cubs may have a trading partner for him, as Bob Nightengale tweets that the Angels are “quite interested” in him.
It would be a great fit if they could swing it. The Angels really need some pop and Ramirez has been blistering the ball lately, batting .297 with 17 homers since the beginning of June. He’s owed a lot of money for the remainder of this season, but his 2012 obligations are a club option that won’t be exercised, costing the Angels or whoever he’s playing for when the season ends $2 million in a buyout.
Hard to think of a player who could use a change of scenery more than Ramirez. Hard to think of a team who could use him more than the Angels.
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 1
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 36
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 26
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 60
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)