Jul 29, 2011, 2:06 PM EDT
We learned last night that Aramis Ramirez may be willing to waive his no-trade clause. If so, the Cubs may have a trading partner for him, as Bob Nightengale tweets that the Angels are “quite interested” in him.
It would be a great fit if they could swing it. The Angels really need some pop and Ramirez has been blistering the ball lately, batting .297 with 17 homers since the beginning of June. He’s owed a lot of money for the remainder of this season, but his 2012 obligations are a club option that won’t be exercised, costing the Angels or whoever he’s playing for when the season ends $2 million in a buyout.
Hard to think of a player who could use a change of scenery more than Ramirez. Hard to think of a team who could use him more than the Angels.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (90)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (79)