Jul 29, 2011, 2:06 PM EDT
We learned last night that Aramis Ramirez may be willing to waive his no-trade clause. If so, the Cubs may have a trading partner for him, as Bob Nightengale tweets that the Angels are “quite interested” in him.
It would be a great fit if they could swing it. The Angels really need some pop and Ramirez has been blistering the ball lately, batting .297 with 17 homers since the beginning of June. He’s owed a lot of money for the remainder of this season, but his 2012 obligations are a club option that won’t be exercised, costing the Angels or whoever he’s playing for when the season ends $2 million in a buyout.
Hard to think of a player who could use a change of scenery more than Ramirez. Hard to think of a team who could use him more than the Angels.
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 20
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 44
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 101
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 59