Jul 29, 2011, 2:30 PM EDT
Yesterday in the Twitter questions I mentioned that I had banned two of the three authors of The Platoon Advantage — Bill and The Common Man; Mark remained in my good graces — because they insisted on taunting me about the Hrbek/Gant play from the 1991 World Series and insisting that Aquaman was a legitimate super hero and not a pitiful sideshow freak.
Today I have had a change of heart. Partially because forgiveness is a good thing. But also because I have here in my hand a certified letter from both of them in which they swear under oath that Kent Hrbek should have been ejected from that game and that Aquaman sucks. It was so nice that they finally saw the light. I’ll post the letter when I get around to it, but my scanner is broken at the moment and, you know, stuff.
Anyway, with the ban lifted, I link you to The Common Man’s most excellent post about the five greatest trade deadlines of all time.
After reading you’ll realize that Hunter Pence could be traded to the Tehran Mullah Sox for a bag of black market uranium, and 2011 still wouldn’t compare.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 30
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 48
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 67
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 56
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 49
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 90
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (198)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (104)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (103)