Jul 29, 2011, 2:30 PM EDT
Yesterday in the Twitter questions I mentioned that I had banned two of the three authors of The Platoon Advantage — Bill and The Common Man; Mark remained in my good graces — because they insisted on taunting me about the Hrbek/Gant play from the 1991 World Series and insisting that Aquaman was a legitimate super hero and not a pitiful sideshow freak.
Today I have had a change of heart. Partially because forgiveness is a good thing. But also because I have here in my hand a certified letter from both of them in which they swear under oath that Kent Hrbek should have been ejected from that game and that Aquaman sucks. It was so nice that they finally saw the light. I’ll post the letter when I get around to it, but my scanner is broken at the moment and, you know, stuff.
Anyway, with the ban lifted, I link you to The Common Man’s most excellent post about the five greatest trade deadlines of all time.
After reading you’ll realize that Hunter Pence could be traded to the Tehran Mullah Sox for a bag of black market uranium, and 2011 still wouldn’t compare.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 33
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 28
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 45
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)