Jul 29, 2011, 2:30 PM EST
Yesterday in the Twitter questions I mentioned that I had banned two of the three authors of The Platoon Advantage — Bill and The Common Man; Mark remained in my good graces — because they insisted on taunting me about the Hrbek/Gant play from the 1991 World Series and insisting that Aquaman was a legitimate super hero and not a pitiful sideshow freak.
Today I have had a change of heart. Partially because forgiveness is a good thing. But also because I have here in my hand a certified letter from both of them in which they swear under oath that Kent Hrbek should have been ejected from that game and that Aquaman sucks. It was so nice that they finally saw the light. I’ll post the letter when I get around to it, but my scanner is broken at the moment and, you know, stuff.
Anyway, with the ban lifted, I link you to The Common Man’s most excellent post about the five greatest trade deadlines of all time.
After reading you’ll realize that Hunter Pence could be traded to the Tehran Mullah Sox for a bag of black market uranium, and 2011 still wouldn’t compare.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 267
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (267)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)