Jul 29, 2011, 8:50 AM EDT
Ah, the deadline. When teams get all determined to move heaven and Earth to obtain … OK bats. To that end, Rosenthal tweets that the Indians are “making a strong push” for Ryan Ludwick. This the day after they landed Kosuke Fukudome.
As we said yesterday when that trade went down, the Indians are in an eminently winnable division, so it may not take much to keep them in it. With Shin-Soo Choo and Grady Sizemore out, the outfield is in desperate need of some pop, and Ludwick could help provide a little. Again, no game-changer, but a bit better than their current options.
If they were to get Ludwick — and if Choo and Sizemore’s rehab go as planned — they could have a fairly crowded outfield towards the end of the season. There are worse problems to have, however.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)