Jul 29, 2011, 8:50 AM EST
Ah, the deadline. When teams get all determined to move heaven and Earth to obtain … OK bats. To that end, Rosenthal tweets that the Indians are “making a strong push” for Ryan Ludwick. This the day after they landed Kosuke Fukudome.
As we said yesterday when that trade went down, the Indians are in an eminently winnable division, so it may not take much to keep them in it. With Shin-Soo Choo and Grady Sizemore out, the outfield is in desperate need of some pop, and Ludwick could help provide a little. Again, no game-changer, but a bit better than their current options.
If they were to get Ludwick — and if Choo and Sizemore’s rehab go as planned — they could have a fairly crowded outfield towards the end of the season. There are worse problems to have, however.
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 57
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 223
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 160
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (226)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (100)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)