Jul 29, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
The Reds just got swept by the Mets and looked terrible doing it. Despite lots of talent on hand, nothing has gelled for them so far this year, they’re five games under .500 and people are openly calling for them to cut bait and reload for next season and beyond. In the face of all of that, however, they are still giving off signs that they’re buying, not selling.
Bourn is having a fine year in center for Houston, but it seems odd that the Reds would give such a vote of no-confidence to Drew Stubbs. Sure, he’s struggled at times and Dusty Baker doesn’t like his strikeouts, but he’s a couple of years younger than Bourn and under team control longer.
The Reds just don’t seem to know what to do with themselves right now, do they?
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 15
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 30
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)