Jul 29, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
The Reds just got swept by the Mets and looked terrible doing it. Despite lots of talent on hand, nothing has gelled for them so far this year, they’re five games under .500 and people are openly calling for them to cut bait and reload for next season and beyond. In the face of all of that, however, they are still giving off signs that they’re buying, not selling.
Bourn is having a fine year in center for Houston, but it seems odd that the Reds would give such a vote of no-confidence to Drew Stubbs. Sure, he’s struggled at times and Dusty Baker doesn’t like his strikeouts, but he’s a couple of years younger than Bourn and under team control longer.
The Reds just don’t seem to know what to do with themselves right now, do they?
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 0
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 28
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 105
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (105)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (80)