Jul 29, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
The Reds just got swept by the Mets and looked terrible doing it. Despite lots of talent on hand, nothing has gelled for them so far this year, they’re five games under .500 and people are openly calling for them to cut bait and reload for next season and beyond. In the face of all of that, however, they are still giving off signs that they’re buying, not selling.
Bourn is having a fine year in center for Houston, but it seems odd that the Reds would give such a vote of no-confidence to Drew Stubbs. Sure, he’s struggled at times and Dusty Baker doesn’t like his strikeouts, but he’s a couple of years younger than Bourn and under team control longer.
The Reds just don’t seem to know what to do with themselves right now, do they?
- The Rockies “aren’t looking around very hard” for a trade of star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki 13
- Jury finds the Dodgers partially negligent, awards $18 million to Bryan Stow 41
- Masahiro Tanaka injured: Yankees ace to undergo an MRI exam on his right arm 60
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing 99
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Cardinals “looking for offense” … not Jake Peavy 31
- 2014 Home Run Derby participants … 28
- Billy Beane: The age of “baseball insiders” vs. “baseball outsiders” will soon be over 58
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (126)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (101)
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing (99)