Jul 29, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
The Reds just got swept by the Mets and looked terrible doing it. Despite lots of talent on hand, nothing has gelled for them so far this year, they’re five games under .500 and people are openly calling for them to cut bait and reload for next season and beyond. In the face of all of that, however, they are still giving off signs that they’re buying, not selling.
Bourn is having a fine year in center for Houston, but it seems odd that the Reds would give such a vote of no-confidence to Drew Stubbs. Sure, he’s struggled at times and Dusty Baker doesn’t like his strikeouts, but he’s a couple of years younger than Bourn and under team control longer.
The Reds just don’t seem to know what to do with themselves right now, do they?
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 4
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 5
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 12
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 55
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)