Jul 30, 2011, 7:03 PM EDT
As Sunday’s deadline looms, we can scratch another big name off the list of available players.
The Red Sox, Yankees and Rangers were known to have serious interest, but Kuroda has a full no-trade clause in his current contract and is simply more comfortable on the West Coast.
The 36-year-old has registered a stellar 3.11 ERA, 1.23 WHIP and 103/36 K/BB ratio through 133 innings this season for Los Angeles. He’s earning $12 million this year and can become a free agent in the offseason.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 72
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47