Jul 30, 2011, 7:03 PM EST
As Sunday’s deadline looms, we can scratch another big name off the list of available players.
The Red Sox, Yankees and Rangers were known to have serious interest, but Kuroda has a full no-trade clause in his current contract and is simply more comfortable on the West Coast.
The 36-year-old has registered a stellar 3.11 ERA, 1.23 WHIP and 103/36 K/BB ratio through 133 innings this season for Los Angeles. He’s earning $12 million this year and can become a free agent in the offseason.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)