Jul 30, 2011, 7:03 PM EST
As Sunday’s deadline looms, we can scratch another big name off the list of available players.
The Red Sox, Yankees and Rangers were known to have serious interest, but Kuroda has a full no-trade clause in his current contract and is simply more comfortable on the West Coast.
The 36-year-old has registered a stellar 3.11 ERA, 1.23 WHIP and 103/36 K/BB ratio through 133 innings this season for Los Angeles. He’s earning $12 million this year and can become a free agent in the offseason.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)