Jul 30, 2011, 7:41 PM EDT
Here we go…
According to Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports, the Indians have scratched top pitching prospect Drew Pomeranz from his scheduled Saturday start at Double-A Akron and may be ready to include him in a package for Rockies ace Ubaldo Jimenez.
Pomeranz, 22, was the fifth overall pick in the 2010 MLB Amateur Draft and has registered a sparkling 1.98 ERA and 112/38 K/BB ratio this season in 91 innings between Single-A and Double-A.
White and Kipnis are also considered to be supreme talents.
The Indians are currently two games back of the Tigers in the American League Central standings and continue to fade fast. They’re hoping to make a big splash as this year’s deadline in order to right the ship.
UPDATE, 7:41 PM: ESPN’s Buster Olney is now hearing that Kipnis is unlikely to be involved.
- Mike Trout hits for cycle in Angels’ rout of Mariners 10
- Kevin Gausman will make Orioles debut on Thursday 4
- Cubs activate Matt Garza for first start in 10 months 0
- Thanks to Jeff Loria, Miami gets shut out of the Super Bowl 22
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. 116
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (116)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (104)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (73)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car