Jul 30, 2011, 7:41 PM EDT
Here we go…
According to Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports, the Indians have scratched top pitching prospect Drew Pomeranz from his scheduled Saturday start at Double-A Akron and may be ready to include him in a package for Rockies ace Ubaldo Jimenez.
Pomeranz, 22, was the fifth overall pick in the 2010 MLB Amateur Draft and has registered a sparkling 1.98 ERA and 112/38 K/BB ratio this season in 91 innings between Single-A and Double-A.
White and Kipnis are also considered to be supreme talents.
The Indians are currently two games back of the Tigers in the American League Central standings and continue to fade fast. They’re hoping to make a big splash as this year’s deadline in order to right the ship.
UPDATE, 7:41 PM: ESPN’s Buster Olney is now hearing that Kipnis is unlikely to be involved.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 64
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 11
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 46
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 13
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 47
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)