Jul 30, 2011, 7:41 PM EDT
Here we go…
According to Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports, the Indians have scratched top pitching prospect Drew Pomeranz from his scheduled Saturday start at Double-A Akron and may be ready to include him in a package for Rockies ace Ubaldo Jimenez.
Pomeranz, 22, was the fifth overall pick in the 2010 MLB Amateur Draft and has registered a sparkling 1.98 ERA and 112/38 K/BB ratio this season in 91 innings between Single-A and Double-A.
White and Kipnis are also considered to be supreme talents.
The Indians are currently two games back of the Tigers in the American League Central standings and continue to fade fast. They’re hoping to make a big splash as this year’s deadline in order to right the ship.
UPDATE, 7:41 PM: ESPN’s Buster Olney is now hearing that Kipnis is unlikely to be involved.
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 2
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 54
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 63
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)