Jul 30, 2011, 7:41 PM EDT
Here we go…
According to Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports, the Indians have scratched top pitching prospect Drew Pomeranz from his scheduled Saturday start at Double-A Akron and may be ready to include him in a package for Rockies ace Ubaldo Jimenez.
Pomeranz, 22, was the fifth overall pick in the 2010 MLB Amateur Draft and has registered a sparkling 1.98 ERA and 112/38 K/BB ratio this season in 91 innings between Single-A and Double-A.
White and Kipnis are also considered to be supreme talents.
The Indians are currently two games back of the Tigers in the American League Central standings and continue to fade fast. They’re hoping to make a big splash as this year’s deadline in order to right the ship.
UPDATE, 7:41 PM: ESPN’s Buster Olney is now hearing that Kipnis is unlikely to be involved.
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 4
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 7
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 27
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 58
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 4
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 78
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (188)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (101)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)