Jul 30, 2011, 7:41 PM EDT
Here we go…
According to Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports, the Indians have scratched top pitching prospect Drew Pomeranz from his scheduled Saturday start at Double-A Akron and may be ready to include him in a package for Rockies ace Ubaldo Jimenez.
Pomeranz, 22, was the fifth overall pick in the 2010 MLB Amateur Draft and has registered a sparkling 1.98 ERA and 112/38 K/BB ratio this season in 91 innings between Single-A and Double-A.
White and Kipnis are also considered to be supreme talents.
The Indians are currently two games back of the Tigers in the American League Central standings and continue to fade fast. They’re hoping to make a big splash as this year’s deadline in order to right the ship.
UPDATE, 7:41 PM: ESPN’s Buster Olney is now hearing that Kipnis is unlikely to be involved.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 18
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)