Jul 30, 2011, 1:45 PM EDT
According to Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Nelson Cruz will likely be limited to pinch-hitting duties this weekend in Toronto after leaving Friday’s game with tightness in his left quadriceps.
Cruz tweaked his quad playing catch between innings when he reached wide for a throw and his spikes got caught in the AstroTurf at the Rogers Centre. Of course, he went on the disabled list in May with an injury to his right quad, so the Rangers aren’t going to take any chances.
Cruz, 31, is hitting .262/.311/.536 with 23 homers, 69 RBI, six stolen bases and an .847 OPS in 363 plate appearances this season. He is batting .357 (20-for-56) with three homers and 14 RBI since the All-Star break.
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 24
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 67
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 73
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 51
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 30
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)