Jul 30, 2011, 1:45 PM EDT
According to Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Nelson Cruz will likely be limited to pinch-hitting duties this weekend in Toronto after leaving Friday’s game with tightness in his left quadriceps.
Cruz tweaked his quad playing catch between innings when he reached wide for a throw and his spikes got caught in the AstroTurf at the Rogers Centre. Of course, he went on the disabled list in May with an injury to his right quad, so the Rangers aren’t going to take any chances.
Cruz, 31, is hitting .262/.311/.536 with 23 homers, 69 RBI, six stolen bases and an .847 OPS in 363 plate appearances this season. He is batting .357 (20-for-56) with three homers and 14 RBI since the All-Star break.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)