Jul 30, 2011, 1:45 PM EDT
According to Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Nelson Cruz will likely be limited to pinch-hitting duties this weekend in Toronto after leaving Friday’s game with tightness in his left quadriceps.
Cruz tweaked his quad playing catch between innings when he reached wide for a throw and his spikes got caught in the AstroTurf at the Rogers Centre. Of course, he went on the disabled list in May with an injury to his right quad, so the Rangers aren’t going to take any chances.
Cruz, 31, is hitting .262/.311/.536 with 23 homers, 69 RBI, six stolen bases and an .847 OPS in 363 plate appearances this season. He is batting .357 (20-for-56) with three homers and 14 RBI since the All-Star break.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)