Jul 30, 2011, 10:21 AM EDT
The Indians are looking to make a splash.
According to Troy Renck of the Denver Post, the Indians were willing to discuss top pitching prospect Drew Pomeranz in a potential deal for Rockies’ right-hander Ubaldo Jimenez.
Pomeranz was selected fifth overall in last year’s First-Year Player Draft. The 22-year-old left-hander has a 1.98 ERA over his first 18 professional starts. He was recently promoted to Double-A Akron after posting a 1.87 ERA and 112/38 K/BB ratio over 77 innings with High-A Kinston. Baseball America recently ranked him as the game’s 14th best prospect on their midseason list.
Jon Heyman of SI.com wrote yesterday that “others think” the Indians are a “big threat” for Jimenez because they have Pomeranz and right-hander Alex White, who posted a 3.60 ERA over three starts before going on the disabled list with a strained ligament in his right index finger.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (159)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)