Jul 30, 2011, 12:32 PM EDT
This wouldn’t be the trade deadline without the Yankees grabbing the headlines.
Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reported this morning that the Yankees were hearing the Rockies may be willing to lower their asking price, though Troy Renck of the Denver Post adds that they have little incentive to lower their demands since they don’t have to move him. Jimenez is locked up through 2014 on a very reasonable contract.
Joel Sherman of the New York Post reported earlier this week that the Rockies would be amenable to a deal if they received three of Manny Banuelos, Dellin Betances, Jesus Montero and Ivan Nova from the Bombers. Banuelos is believed to be untouchable while Jack Curry of YES Network hears that the Yankees are insistent that they won’t give up three elite prospects in return for Jimenez.
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 54
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 48
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 27
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 43
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)