Jul 30, 2011, 12:32 PM EST
This wouldn’t be the trade deadline without the Yankees grabbing the headlines.
Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reported this morning that the Yankees were hearing the Rockies may be willing to lower their asking price, though Troy Renck of the Denver Post adds that they have little incentive to lower their demands since they don’t have to move him. Jimenez is locked up through 2014 on a very reasonable contract.
Joel Sherman of the New York Post reported earlier this week that the Rockies would be amenable to a deal if they received three of Manny Banuelos, Dellin Betances, Jesus Montero and Ivan Nova from the Bombers. Banuelos is believed to be untouchable while Jack Curry of YES Network hears that the Yankees are insistent that they won’t give up three elite prospects in return for Jimenez.
- Where does Nelson Cruz go from here? 38
- Shin-Soo Choo agrees to seven-year, $130 million deal with Rangers 84
- Grant Balfour may file a grievance over Orioles’ decision to back out of contract 23
- Former Major Leaguer Gabe Kapler wants collisions to remain part of the game 44
- Carlos Beltran introduced by the Yankees, takes a shot at the Mets 42
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- I don’t know what the best baseball song is, but it ain’t John freakin’ Fogerty (102)
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! (89)
- Shin-Soo Choo agrees to seven-year, $130 million deal with Rangers (84)
- ‘Tis the season for people acting incredibly dumb (74)