Jul 30, 2011, 12:32 PM EDT
This wouldn’t be the trade deadline without the Yankees grabbing the headlines.
Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reported this morning that the Yankees were hearing the Rockies may be willing to lower their asking price, though Troy Renck of the Denver Post adds that they have little incentive to lower their demands since they don’t have to move him. Jimenez is locked up through 2014 on a very reasonable contract.
Joel Sherman of the New York Post reported earlier this week that the Rockies would be amenable to a deal if they received three of Manny Banuelos, Dellin Betances, Jesus Montero and Ivan Nova from the Bombers. Banuelos is believed to be untouchable while Jack Curry of YES Network hears that the Yankees are insistent that they won’t give up three elite prospects in return for Jimenez.
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 0
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 6
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 52
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)