Jul 31, 2011, 11:18 AM EST
As for who the Dodgers will get in return, Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Dispatch reports that it’ll be a one-for-one swap with Double-A outfielder Alex Castellanos going to Los Angeles.
Castellanos is hitting .319 with 19 homers and a .941 OPS in 93 games in Springfield, but he’s also a 25-year-old at Double-A with a mediocre track record full of middling power and terrible strikeout-to-walk ratios.
In other words, he’s exactly the type of prospect you’d expect Furcal to fetch at this point.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 30
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)