Jul 31, 2011, 11:18 AM EDT
As for who the Dodgers will get in return, Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Dispatch reports that it’ll be a one-for-one swap with Double-A outfielder Alex Castellanos going to Los Angeles.
Castellanos is hitting .319 with 19 homers and a .941 OPS in 93 games in Springfield, but he’s also a 25-year-old at Double-A with a mediocre track record full of middling power and terrible strikeout-to-walk ratios.
In other words, he’s exactly the type of prospect you’d expect Furcal to fetch at this point.
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 46
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 17
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)