Jul 31, 2011, 11:18 AM EDT
As for who the Dodgers will get in return, Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Dispatch reports that it’ll be a one-for-one swap with Double-A outfielder Alex Castellanos going to Los Angeles.
Castellanos is hitting .319 with 19 homers and a .941 OPS in 93 games in Springfield, but he’s also a 25-year-old at Double-A with a mediocre track record full of middling power and terrible strikeout-to-walk ratios.
In other words, he’s exactly the type of prospect you’d expect Furcal to fetch at this point.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 51
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 16
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)