Jul 31, 2011, 11:18 AM EDT
As for who the Dodgers will get in return, Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Dispatch reports that it’ll be a one-for-one swap with Double-A outfielder Alex Castellanos going to Los Angeles.
Castellanos is hitting .319 with 19 homers and a .941 OPS in 93 games in Springfield, but he’s also a 25-year-old at Double-A with a mediocre track record full of middling power and terrible strikeout-to-walk ratios.
In other words, he’s exactly the type of prospect you’d expect Furcal to fetch at this point.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)