Jul 31, 2011, 11:18 AM EDT
As for who the Dodgers will get in return, Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Dispatch reports that it’ll be a one-for-one swap with Double-A outfielder Alex Castellanos going to Los Angeles.
Castellanos is hitting .319 with 19 homers and a .941 OPS in 93 games in Springfield, but he’s also a 25-year-old at Double-A with a mediocre track record full of middling power and terrible strikeout-to-walk ratios.
In other words, he’s exactly the type of prospect you’d expect Furcal to fetch at this point.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)