Jul 31, 2011, 3:09 PM EDT
UPDATE: Jimenez passed his physical, so the blockbuster trade sending him to the Indians for a four-prospect package led by 2010 first-round pick Drew Pomeranz is now official.
UPDATE: Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that McBride’s injury won’t hold up the deal.
Ubaldo Jimenez is reportedly undergoing a physical exam right now, but even if he gets a clean bill of health there might be a different holdup in the big Rockies-Indians trade.
According to Nick Camino of WTAM-1100 in Cleveland, one of the four prospects reportedly headed to the Indians, first baseman Matt McBride, is “in an Akron hospital with an eye fracture.”
Drew Pomeranz is already included in the deal as a “player to be named later” because the 2010 first-round pick isn’t eligible to officially be traded yet, so it’s possible McBride could fall into the same category while the Rockies wait to see on the severity of the injury.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 9
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 18
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 16
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 37
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)