Jul 31, 2011, 3:09 PM EST
UPDATE: Jimenez passed his physical, so the blockbuster trade sending him to the Indians for a four-prospect package led by 2010 first-round pick Drew Pomeranz is now official.
UPDATE: Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that McBride’s injury won’t hold up the deal.
Ubaldo Jimenez is reportedly undergoing a physical exam right now, but even if he gets a clean bill of health there might be a different holdup in the big Rockies-Indians trade.
According to Nick Camino of WTAM-1100 in Cleveland, one of the four prospects reportedly headed to the Indians, first baseman Matt McBride, is “in an Akron hospital with an eye fracture.”
Drew Pomeranz is already included in the deal as a “player to be named later” because the 2010 first-round pick isn’t eligible to officially be traded yet, so it’s possible McBride could fall into the same category while the Rockies wait to see on the severity of the injury.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 3
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 293
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)