Jul 31, 2011, 3:09 PM EDT
UPDATE: Jimenez passed his physical, so the blockbuster trade sending him to the Indians for a four-prospect package led by 2010 first-round pick Drew Pomeranz is now official.
UPDATE: Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that McBride’s injury won’t hold up the deal.
Ubaldo Jimenez is reportedly undergoing a physical exam right now, but even if he gets a clean bill of health there might be a different holdup in the big Rockies-Indians trade.
According to Nick Camino of WTAM-1100 in Cleveland, one of the four prospects reportedly headed to the Indians, first baseman Matt McBride, is “in an Akron hospital with an eye fracture.”
Drew Pomeranz is already included in the deal as a “player to be named later” because the 2010 first-round pick isn’t eligible to officially be traded yet, so it’s possible McBride could fall into the same category while the Rockies wait to see on the severity of the injury.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 4
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)