Jul 31, 2011, 3:09 PM EDT
UPDATE: Jimenez passed his physical, so the blockbuster trade sending him to the Indians for a four-prospect package led by 2010 first-round pick Drew Pomeranz is now official.
UPDATE: Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that McBride’s injury won’t hold up the deal.
Ubaldo Jimenez is reportedly undergoing a physical exam right now, but even if he gets a clean bill of health there might be a different holdup in the big Rockies-Indians trade.
According to Nick Camino of WTAM-1100 in Cleveland, one of the four prospects reportedly headed to the Indians, first baseman Matt McBride, is “in an Akron hospital with an eye fracture.”
Drew Pomeranz is already included in the deal as a “player to be named later” because the 2010 first-round pick isn’t eligible to officially be traded yet, so it’s possible McBride could fall into the same category while the Rockies wait to see on the severity of the injury.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)