Jul 31, 2011, 8:39 AM EST
Astros center fielder Michael Bourn has posted a cool .303/.363/.403 batting line this season while tallying 39 stolen bases in 46 tries. He’d make an excellent leadoff hitter on a number of contending teams. But the interest simply isn’t there.
According to FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal, “there is little momentum” right now for a Bourn trade.
The Nationals had interest, but they currently remain focused on landing Denard Span from the Twins. The Indians were also known to be intrigued by Bourn, but that was before they unloaded a couple of their top pitching prospects for Rockies ace Ubaldo Jimenez. Perhaps the Giants or Braves will step forward with a last-minute offer. As Rosenthal notes, news on deadline day is often fluid.
Bourn, 28, is earning $4.4 million this year via arbitration and is under team control in 2012.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 267
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (267)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)