Jul 31, 2011, 9:52 AM EDT
Forget all that stuff we said earlier.
Bourn, 28, has hit .303/.363/.403 this season with 26 doubles and seven triples in 473 plate appearances. He has also tallied 39 stolen bases in 46 attempts.
Bourn is likely to serve as the Braves’ regular center fielder and leadoff man down the stretch.
Atlanta currently holds a 4.5-game lead over the Diamondbacks in the National League Wild Card standings. They’re five games behind the Phillies in the NL East.
UPDATE, 9:55 AM: Rosenthal says the deal is “done” and will be announced momentarily.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 26
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 28
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 28
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 60
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)