Jul 31, 2011, 9:52 AM EST
Forget all that stuff we said earlier.
Bourn, 28, has hit .303/.363/.403 this season with 26 doubles and seven triples in 473 plate appearances. He has also tallied 39 stolen bases in 46 attempts.
Bourn is likely to serve as the Braves’ regular center fielder and leadoff man down the stretch.
Atlanta currently holds a 4.5-game lead over the Diamondbacks in the National League Wild Card standings. They’re five games behind the Phillies in the NL East.
UPDATE, 9:55 AM: Rosenthal says the deal is “done” and will be announced momentarily.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 40
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 35
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (166)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)