Jul 31, 2011, 9:52 AM EDT
Forget all that stuff we said earlier.
Bourn, 28, has hit .303/.363/.403 this season with 26 doubles and seven triples in 473 plate appearances. He has also tallied 39 stolen bases in 46 attempts.
Bourn is likely to serve as the Braves’ regular center fielder and leadoff man down the stretch.
Atlanta currently holds a 4.5-game lead over the Diamondbacks in the National League Wild Card standings. They’re five games behind the Phillies in the NL East.
UPDATE, 9:55 AM: Rosenthal says the deal is “done” and will be announced momentarily.
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 0
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 33
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 27
- Baseball is dying, you guys (148)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)