Jul 31, 2011, 9:52 AM EDT
Forget all that stuff we said earlier.
Bourn, 28, has hit .303/.363/.403 this season with 26 doubles and seven triples in 473 plate appearances. He has also tallied 39 stolen bases in 46 attempts.
Bourn is likely to serve as the Braves’ regular center fielder and leadoff man down the stretch.
Atlanta currently holds a 4.5-game lead over the Diamondbacks in the National League Wild Card standings. They’re five games behind the Phillies in the NL East.
UPDATE, 9:55 AM: Rosenthal says the deal is “done” and will be announced momentarily.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract 153
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)