Jul 31, 2011, 1:38 PM EST
Yankees dont like wandy’s contract, or necessarily his pitching. but they know they need to do something.
Well, apart from that …
Look: I understand the trade deadline is nutso, but when was the last time the Yankees made a move simply to make a move? Because they panicked or something? I can’t think of any time since back when Big Stein had his fastball that they did that, and I wouldn’t expect them to do it now.
Which makes me think that they aren’t trading for Wandy Rodriguez. Or, that if they do trade for Rodriguez, that Heyman’s assessment of the Yankees’ assessment of him is less-than-trenchant.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 155
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (155)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (89)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (78)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (76)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)