Jul 31, 2011, 1:38 PM EDT
Yankees dont like wandy’s contract, or necessarily his pitching. but they know they need to do something.
Well, apart from that …
Look: I understand the trade deadline is nutso, but when was the last time the Yankees made a move simply to make a move? Because they panicked or something? I can’t think of any time since back when Big Stein had his fastball that they did that, and I wouldn’t expect them to do it now.
Which makes me think that they aren’t trading for Wandy Rodriguez. Or, that if they do trade for Rodriguez, that Heyman’s assessment of the Yankees’ assessment of him is less-than-trenchant.
- Bud Selig’s view on replay has “evolved” 8
- Umpires use replay on controversial Matt Joyce home run 6
- Rangers put Ian Kinsler on the 15-day disabled list and call up top prospect Jurickson Profar 5
- Carlos Ruiz leaves game with strained right hamstring 1
- Andrew McCutchen scratched from Pirates’ starting lineup 5
- Live Extra: Watch live coverage of Penguins-Senators
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles