Jul 31, 2011, 1:38 PM EDT
Yankees dont like wandy’s contract, or necessarily his pitching. but they know they need to do something.
Well, apart from that …
Look: I understand the trade deadline is nutso, but when was the last time the Yankees made a move simply to make a move? Because they panicked or something? I can’t think of any time since back when Big Stein had his fastball that they did that, and I wouldn’t expect them to do it now.
Which makes me think that they aren’t trading for Wandy Rodriguez. Or, that if they do trade for Rodriguez, that Heyman’s assessment of the Yankees’ assessment of him is less-than-trenchant.
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 41
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 69
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 37
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)