Jul 31, 2011, 1:38 PM EDT
Yankees dont like wandy’s contract, or necessarily his pitching. but they know they need to do something.
Well, apart from that …
Look: I understand the trade deadline is nutso, but when was the last time the Yankees made a move simply to make a move? Because they panicked or something? I can’t think of any time since back when Big Stein had his fastball that they did that, and I wouldn’t expect them to do it now.
Which makes me think that they aren’t trading for Wandy Rodriguez. Or, that if they do trade for Rodriguez, that Heyman’s assessment of the Yankees’ assessment of him is less-than-trenchant.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract 153
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)