Jul 31, 2011, 1:38 PM EDT
Yankees dont like wandy’s contract, or necessarily his pitching. but they know they need to do something.
Well, apart from that …
Look: I understand the trade deadline is nutso, but when was the last time the Yankees made a move simply to make a move? Because they panicked or something? I can’t think of any time since back when Big Stein had his fastball that they did that, and I wouldn’t expect them to do it now.
Which makes me think that they aren’t trading for Wandy Rodriguez. Or, that if they do trade for Rodriguez, that Heyman’s assessment of the Yankees’ assessment of him is less-than-trenchant.
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 0
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 33
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 27
- Baseball is dying, you guys (148)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)