Jul 31, 2011, 12:10 PM EDT
Of course, it couldn’t have been all that private if a newspaper reporter knows about it.
Biertempfel notes that Hunter Pence took a late-night flight across the country to be in the Phillies’ lineup as soon as possible, whereas Lee only has to travel from New York (where the Orioles are playing the Yankees) to Philadelphia (where the Pirates are playing the Phillies).
And since Lee hasn’t arrived yet, the Pirates are giving Lyle Overbay what could be his final start at first base this afternoon.
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 3
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 16
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 9
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 29
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 19
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (190)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)