Jul 31, 2011, 1:27 AM EST
Well, this sure is odd.
It was reported late Saturday night that Harden was headed to the Red Sox in exchange for first base prospect Lars Anderson and a player to be named later, but the agreement was never fully finalized and Harden told the Oakland press moments ago that he is now expecting to make his scheduled Tuesday start for the Athletics.
Perhaps talks will get going again on Sunday morning, but for now the deal has been scrapped.
Harden, 29, has posted a strong 30/10 K/BB ratio and 1.16 WHIP in 29 1/3 innings since making his 2011 debut in early July. He’s on a one-year contract, which is why the A’s have been motivated to move him.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)