Jul 31, 2011, 1:27 AM EDT
Well, this sure is odd.
It was reported late Saturday night that Harden was headed to the Red Sox in exchange for first base prospect Lars Anderson and a player to be named later, but the agreement was never fully finalized and Harden told the Oakland press moments ago that he is now expecting to make his scheduled Tuesday start for the Athletics.
Perhaps talks will get going again on Sunday morning, but for now the deal has been scrapped.
Harden, 29, has posted a strong 30/10 K/BB ratio and 1.16 WHIP in 29 1/3 innings since making his 2011 debut in early July. He’s on a one-year contract, which is why the A’s have been motivated to move him.
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 12
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 8
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 59
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 110
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (110)