Jul 31, 2011, 1:27 AM EDT
Well, this sure is odd.
It was reported late Saturday night that Harden was headed to the Red Sox in exchange for first base prospect Lars Anderson and a player to be named later, but the agreement was never fully finalized and Harden told the Oakland press moments ago that he is now expecting to make his scheduled Tuesday start for the Athletics.
Perhaps talks will get going again on Sunday morning, but for now the deal has been scrapped.
Harden, 29, has posted a strong 30/10 K/BB ratio and 1.16 WHIP in 29 1/3 innings since making his 2011 debut in early July. He’s on a one-year contract, which is why the A’s have been motivated to move him.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20