Jul 31, 2011, 1:27 AM EDT
Well, this sure is odd.
It was reported late Saturday night that Harden was headed to the Red Sox in exchange for first base prospect Lars Anderson and a player to be named later, but the agreement was never fully finalized and Harden told the Oakland press moments ago that he is now expecting to make his scheduled Tuesday start for the Athletics.
Perhaps talks will get going again on Sunday morning, but for now the deal has been scrapped.
Harden, 29, has posted a strong 30/10 K/BB ratio and 1.16 WHIP in 29 1/3 innings since making his 2011 debut in early July. He’s on a one-year contract, which is why the A’s have been motivated to move him.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 76
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)